1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 1920/30's Fully Carved Juzek !

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by bassfat, Jun 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bassfat

bassfat Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Price:
    Strings:
    Nice bass...fully gone thru a couple years ago and the bass is super healthy...Needs Nothing, light weight, loud, easy to play, Fully Carved...Current String length is 42.5 but can be moved around quite a bit...D neck...round back...neck was reset at some point, refinished at some point, adjustable bridge...her neck is a notch bigger then a medium size....it's much bigger than a Kay but in no way a giant neck...the previous owner used her to get thru conservatory and took excellent care of her...includes a nice, heavily padded gig bag...strung with Evah mediums ...the previous owner also had her appraised at 12K several years ago ...I'd be willing to accept a beater Kay, Shen ply etc. as a small partial trade to help get a Player into a bass at this level...looking for $5500 cash minimum...She is stunning under bow with Evah mediums !!!...Direct connect with me as I'm not here very often...The video has medium Zyex G,D and medium Helicore Hybrid A,E
    upper bout 19.5
    Lower bout 26.5
    depth at heel 7
    depth at tail 8
    overall body length 44
    Video
    Peace
    Fatty
    828 550 2774
    Fattist1@gmail.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018 at 10:08 AM
    Henry Hohn likes this.
  2. Adam Booker

Adam Booker Supporting Member

May 3, 2007
    Boone, NC
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario Strings, Remic Microphones
    She’s a beaut! I’ll let my studens at App State know about this. A couple might be looking to upgrade.

3. bassfat

Oct 3, 2010
    I bumped the bridge around to 42.5 and put the Evah mediums on her...WOW! I might have to keep her!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018 at 3:36 PM
  4. bassfat

Oct 3, 2010
    Gonna answer a couple quick questions....I think a string length of 42.5 to 43 is the real sweet spot on this bass ...I'm not really looking to travel to meet up but of course Asheville is the Bomb and a Great place to visit...I'm not really interested in an electric bass trade as I'd just be selling it and in the past I've struggled to get anywhere near my expected amount when dealing with boutique electrics etc. I have other Basses that I gig with and I'm just downsizing the Herd... I'm not under any financial pressure to sell her but it just seems that she'd be a great bass for someone to play everyday...that said, I may keep her but she spends a lot of time at my spot watching other basses go to gigs! HA