1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1959 Fender CS Precision Bass Relic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tom Brogan, Jul 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tom Brogan

Tom Brogan

Dec 8, 2012
    Detroit
    Price:
    $2000
    Strings:
    For sale is my custom shop P bass. The previous owner swapped out the anodized pickguard for tortoiseshell (Pickguardian, if I recall correctly. I don't have the original pickguard). The strap buttons are Dunlops, but otherwise I believe it's all original. I haven't changed anything on it since I purchased it -- not even the strings (TI flats). Nut width is 1.75" and weight on my cheap bathroom scale is around 8.8 lbs.

Included with the bass but not pictured:
    • Both pickup and bridge covers (no screws)
    • Thumb rest (with screws)
    • Certificate of Authenticity dated 07/19/2006
    • Choice of hard shell case (a black, rectangular Fender TSA case is included in the price, or an older tweed HSC with orange plush interior can be swapped for an extra $50. Both cases show signs of use but are in good condition.)
    • Shipping costs included in the price
    PM me if you have questions. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    sneha1965, kobass, tomshepp and 5 others like this.
  2. Doc Halo

Doc Halo Musician, heal thyself. Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2004
    Nashville, Tennessee
    I am the previous owner of this instrument--in fact, I'm holding it in my profile pic. It's one of the nicest Precisions I've ever played. (Everything is original except the strap locks and the pick guard, the latter of which is indeed from Pickguardian.) Good luck with the sale, Tom!

AModestRat and klharper like this.
  3. RedJag

RedJag

Mar 2, 2016
    San Jose, CA
    I don’t have the funds but this thing is gorgeous as all hell. I hope whoever buys it loves it to death!

4. Tom Brogan

Tom Brogan

Dec 8, 2012
    Detroit
    Thanks, Doc. The only reason I'm selling is because I recently got the vintage P I've been waiting for.

Doc Halo and john allemond like this.