1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 1965 L-series Fender Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Timothy Emmons, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Timothy Emmons

Timothy Emmons Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 20, 2017
    I want to post instruments for sale
    Price:
    Strings:
    1965 L-series Fender Precision bass. This is a rescue bass that had a dismal poo-poo brown finish and a non fender pick-guard when I bought it. In 1994 I had it professionally
    refinished by Albert Molinaro of Guitars R US in Hollywood CA. Genuine Dupont lacquer was applied in Pennsylvania as it was VOC and illegal in California.
    It's now a beautiful Candy-Apple red with a white pick-guard. The other parts are original with the exception of a new, but vintage official Fender decal on the head stock as that was sanded off as well. Includes the Fender case that it came with. Plays great, is lightweight and is in super clean condition as I rarely played it on gigs. The Neck is dated Dec24 '64 but the neck plate, L59813, dates to March 1965 according to my source. Common practice at the Fender plant was to use older parts when assembling a new instrument.
    (BONUS: Includes a "before" the refinish picture and another from a magazine photo shoot taken with my neighbor, a topless model, next to a restored Candy-Apple red 1967 Pontiac convertible)

Attached Files:

Brutus74 likes this.
  2. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    I'm gonna need to see ALL the pics. Yeah, that one.

3. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    How much you asking for the topless model?

4. Timothy Emmons

Timothy Emmons Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 20, 2017
    I want to post instruments for sale
    Free pix with Bass purchase

Spidey2112 likes this.