For Sale 1971 Fender Music master *price drop*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dale Johnson, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Dale Johnson

Dale Johnson

Jul 22, 2008
    Moran Kansas
    Price:
    Strings:
    Price Includes shipping in the lower 48 states!

It's not original, but this Music Master plays phenomenal. The Neck is a 1970 and the body is 1971, so it is most likely a first run. The body is popular (8# total weight), but it has fantastic tone. (I actually sold a Fender American deluxe Jazz to get this one because it sounded that much better.) The body was routed for a p bass when I got it, and I replaced the old pick up with a Fender '62 reissue and high end 250 K pots on the volume and tone, and put a p bass bridge on it (Sounds even better now). The LaBela Deep talking white nylon tape wounds work awesome. Several of the neck screws were stripped out so I made the 6 screw plate, and removed the previous lousy paint job. It has House of Kolor Gamma gold covered by Rose pearl, and then I shot clear polyurethane over the top. I did all this 7 years ago, and have played it a bunch, mostly in Church worship. It does a great job on all of the musical ranges we go through, from loud and rowdy to quiet and intimate, from thump to soft. I wouldn't be selling, except my son needs some help. The only flaws I am aware of is 1) a scratch from a music stand (down by the bridge) and 2) continued below... IMG_1624.JPG IMG_1618.JPG IMG_1618.JPG IMG_1624.JPG IMG_1618.JPG IMG_1620.JPG IMG_1621.JPG IMG_1622.JPG IMG_1623.JPG there is no serial number as I lost the original Fender plate.

Just to remind the perspective buyer, the price includes shipping to the lower 48 states, and it comes with the Fender case pictured, and I will ship it in the case with a card board external box to protect it. It also has a DiMarzio Lock strap that is in great shape.
    Paypal or Post office Money Order will work fine. Thanks, Dale

mikewalker likes this.
  2. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Shaker Heights, OH
    i sent you a PM

3. Dale Johnson

Dale Johnson

Jul 22, 2008
    Moran Kansas
    Sold and thank you!