SOLD 1972/3 Fender Bassman 100 Head Only

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by dopejohnpaul, Apr 18, 2022.

1. dopejohnpaul

dopejohnpaul Weight? Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Georgia
    Price:
    United States
    *EDIT: I have an interested local-ish buyer for the cab only, so I’ve lowered the price to reflect the head only. Until the cab is officially sold though, I’m still asking $1400 for the stack local pickup. I’ll update if the cab goes.

Up for sale is the legendary Fender Bassman 100. This was the 100 watt version of the classic Bassman and was introduced by Fender in 1972. It doubles the wattage and gives you a Master Volume knob for total volume/gain control. This specific amp is a 1972/3 per it’s designating factors- the transformer dates to late ‘72 (first year of BM100 production), and ‘73 was the last year the tail logo was used. It has been recently gone through and completely tested. New caps and pots were installed to keep everything running smoothly for years to come. The head itself is physically in excellent condition. It’s an amazing platform for both bass and guitar. Sounds incredible!

The cabinet is a Bandmaster cab of the same era. 2x12, as opposed to the giant 4x12 pyramid the Bassman would have come with originally. Also in excellent condition. It has one late 60s Brown and Gold label Fender Jensen C12NA speaker and one ‘70’s Rola Fender speaker. I’m currently looking for a matching Jensen to install, so that may change. I also have brand new Eminence and Celestion bass speakers that I can, for an extra fee, install if you’d prefer a full on bass machine. Either way, 4 ohm total load. Sounds great with the head.

Looking for local sale in Central Georgia and surrounding areas. Willing to separate head and cab. Will ship head at buyer’s expense. Love trades of all kinds, throw them at me. All I can do is say “no thanks!” Can add cash for the right deal.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    Max, ColdEye, NorthTexasBass and 2 others like this.
  2. I've been playing through my band mate's early 70s Bassman 100 into a big Yamaha 215...it SLAMS, and sounds great!!! If you were closer I'd be on my way to snag that head! Good luck with the sale!

dopejohnpaul likes this.
  3. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Georgia
    Yes! An old band mate of mine has a MusicMan 100 watt bassman type amp that I used for a year abs fell in love with. It prompted me to find this one! It’s got killer tone, especially through two twelves as well.

4. dopejohnpaul

Oct 6, 2009
    Georgia
    I have an interested buyer in the cab. So I’m going to drop this listing to $1000 shipped for the HEAD ONLY!

ColdEye likes this.