1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1972 Rickenbacker 4001 Mapleglo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by brycycle, Nov 15, 2020.

1. brycycle

brycycle Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Price:
    Strings:
    Canada
    Offering-up an extremely clean 1972 4001 featuring all of the classic and sought-after features from this era that were discontinued in 1973 (checkerboard binding, 1/2" bass pup spacing, full width Mother of Pearl inlays, plexi tugbar, wavy Grover tuners, etc.)
    Details:
    • Owned since 2009, IIRC purchased from the daughter of the owner. I have hardly played it since.
    • Beautiful Mapleglo finish in excellent condition. Hardly any trace of 'worming' on the backside. Very minor knicks/blemishes to be found.
    • I would rate finish the instrument conservatively at a 8.5-9/10. The only strike against it being the previous owner had installed a non-factory treble pup surround and made 4 small holes to install it (see pics). The factory surround was included in the case and reinstalled which fortunately covers the non-original holes, save for a slight showing on the one side upon close examination.
    • Neck is very nice with low action as shown in the images, frets are in great shape.
    • Original case is included in great functional shape, cosmetic issues being the missing pull tab of the inner compartment and erosion of the handle covering (typical).
    Full image gallery here: 1972 Rickenbacker 4001 | Mapleglo

Happy to ship internationally at my discounted UPS rates.

Note my price is based on recent sales, including this one from here on Talk Bass, sold in '16. I used to own that bass, so I can tell you this one is much, much cleaner!

Seller assurance: I know I don't have a feedback history here, but I have been a long time member of the Rickresource forum, dating back to 2006. You can also find me on ebay, username: "brycycle".

Attached Files:

tomshepp, woodyng2, kobass and 5 others like this.
  2. Wow that looks to be in great shape.
    MG always will be my favorite Ric finish.

Good luck with the sale!
    Dirk

3. mgauction

mgauction Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    Beautiful condition! Interested parties - I know the seller from the Rickresource site and this is one standup guy!

brycycle, woodyng2 and AtomicPunk like this.
  4. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    Just gorgeous! GLWS!!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021