1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1974 Fender precision bass original!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dredmahawkus, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    Price:
    Strings:
    1974 Fender Precision bass....I bought this from a musician who said its been sitting in his basement for over 30 years.....everything on it looks original. The neck is in great shape the frets still look really good. the neck only has 2 little nicks on it other then that it is perfect shape ....all the clearcoat is still on it and the truss rod works fine....It even has some birdseye in the neck. He told me it was 100% original how he bought it in the 70s....but I am pretty sure the body was refinished at some point .....so I am selling it cheaper .There are no extra holes in the body. The pots read 1973....this may take a little work to make perfect but its working.....I plugged it in and it sounds good! the volume and tone are both working. weights about 8.5 lbs. The case is original and all the latches work fine. This bass is in pretty good shape for 40 years old but it needs a little TLC since its been sitting so long. In the case when I got it theres set lists and old fender strings they dont make anymore. I actually just threw some pure nickel strings on and set it up and its playing pretty good! 1500 shipped.
    Trades I am really looking for a Lull P bass...especially with a jazz neck!
    You can run any trade by me!

00C0C_33WOSaOY8nM_600x450. 00505_ltiz8ftqlz9_600x450. photo 1(10).JPG photo 1(13).JPG photo 1(16).JPG

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  2. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    photo 1(17).JPG photo 3(14).JPG photo 3(9).JPG photo 3(11).JPG photo 3(10).JPG

3. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    photo 2(16).JPG photo 2(15).JPG photo(9).JPG photo 2(17).JPG

seang15 likes this.
  4. would you be interested in a '79 Fender musicmaster short scale? no worries if not :D

5. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    photo 2(14).JPG photo 2(13).JPG

6. wswinsons

wswinsons Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Nice axe.... Great TBer folks easy to do business with!

7. 16notes

16notes Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2005
    PM sent.

8. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

Oct 18, 2008
    Connecticut
    Ruby Red rickenbacker 4003? Live near Palmer, Ma

9. cyco739z

cyco739z

Mar 25, 2013
    Boston
    Boston Ma.
    That's sweet Dred. How Ya been?

10. javicruzabass

javicruzabass

May 30, 2012
    all parts are original?

11. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy

Nov 29, 2009
    Formerly Staten Island
    bump...sweet looking p bass...

Ric club # 554 | GK club # 1044

12. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    I am pretty sure its all original except for the refin.....the thumbrest is not there...covers arent there. pots date 1973 pickups are original knobs pickguard are original. no holes or routes in the body other then the ones that are supposed to be there....nut looks original. tuners original. bridge original. strap locks original. neck plate original. one of the pickup screws is not original!

13. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    Ok I tried to make a vid of the sound......my dam new iphone has noise cancel mics in it....and it makes the bass come out all muffled! so I now thought to myself maybe its because I lean it up against the coffee table...so i tried standing it up next to me....and that didnt work either!!! well anyway I made a video anyway...it sounds ok but still way more muffled then it should!!!! these are new old stock Fender pure nickel strings.

14. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    ttt

15. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    Sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.