SOLD 1979 Badass II Bridge, Mint, new in pkg reduced $85

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Pete Hand, May 5, 2020.

1. Pete Hand

Pete Hand Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    Price:
    $85
    Original Bad Ass II

Still in vacuum-sealed package. New Original Stock (NOS). Not a new manufactured version, but vintage from 1979 store stock where I worked. The word BADASS on the package label has black filler inside the white and is a different font than new packages, and with the word NEW top right of BADASS. The screw heads are slotted, not Phillips.

Why buy new when you can buy real and new?

I got this when I got the 1962 Fender Jazz Bass just resurrected. I decided not to use it on that repair. See the story with pictures, here:

1962 Fender Jazz Bass (barn find, in my closet for 40 years) =it's Alive!

I cleaned the packaging as best I could and you can see there is some discoloration that is inside the package on the bottom edge (I put white paper in the photo to reduce the orange/black reflection). I cannot tell you if that is just grime and will polish off or discoloration from age (and still will polish out). The base metal is a zinc alloy, not brass. While the finish is chrome, this is not perfect and mirror-finished reflective, the way new chrome plating looks. It's old stock.

Badass (guitar bridges) - Wikipedia

The saddles are not pre-grooved. It is recommended that you know how to fit this bridge or take it to a luthier that knows how to make it fit properly with your strings. Provides up to 2” of intonation.

Here’s a nice table with other models, listing the II, III and V, and even other brands, and they have this note:

Please note: most Fenders will use the Badass II while newer American made Fenders (roughly 2003 to present) will use the Badass III.”

Leo Quan - Best Bass Gear

Leo Quan products were acquired by Allparts in Nov 2019, who sold off all original stock before manufacturing new versions. The new versions have Phillips head screws and are mirror perfect chrome plated.

Allparts Music Corporation Acquires Leo Quan Company

Fits Jazz or Precision basses, Martin EB18 electric bass, and fits Sqiuer that have the same Fender 4-string 5-hole screw mount configuration.

Leo Quan Badass II Bass Bridge

Youtube video:

Take a good look and ensure it is correct for your application before buying. All sales final. Images are provided for reference and are the actual product.

US mailing rate for US delivery is included in the asking price, or will ship/mail it another method at your cost, or you can come to the studio and pay and take it then.

P1010117.JPG

P1010118.JPG

P1010120.JPG

P1010122.JPG

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  2. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Nice!!! I have an old one, that I am just holding on to. I wish I would have kept the box and paperwork from the first one I got in like.. 1980. GLWTS

3. Pete Hand

Pete Hand Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    Sale Pending.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022