1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 1979 Rickenbacker 4001 USED

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Basspounder, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Basspounder

Basspounder Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Price:
    $1950.00
    Strings:
    United States
    Used 1979 Rickenbacker 4001 Bass in autumnglo up for sale. The bass is in good condition for being 42 years old. There are some scratches, some dents, belt buckle rash on the back as well as some finish checking all over this Ricky but it still looks great, plays and sounds awesome. I have done my best to photograph all of these areas but please understand that not all ware showed up in the pictures. Now here are the upgrades that were done:

Tuners were replaced with Hipshot tuners direct Rickenbacker replacements and work great.

The wiring harness and output jacks were replaced with a Rickenbacker 4003S Wiring Harness with Vintage Tone Switch.

Neck pickup was replaced with a Rickenbacker Toaster pickup.

The bridge pickup cover is a Rickenbacker replacement. The bridge pickup itself is the original that came with the bass when purchased.
    Bridge was replaced with a Genuine Hipshot 4 String Rickenbacker replacement bridge Chrome plated Brass.

I do not have the Rickenbacker bridge, wire harness, tuners, or the neck pickup that came with the bass. Comes with a Rickenbacker case that the bass came with, where the bass sits at the left bottom the material separated and the previous owner us ed some type of glue to put it back together it did not work. I have left it alone due to it has not cause the bass any damage. The case also has some ware to it but is in pretty good condition other than what has been stated. Traded the white Rickenbacker truss rod cover for a black Rickenbacker cover that is currently on it. When I purchased the bass, it came with the black pickguard that is on it with a white truss rod cover and I wanted a black truss rod cover to match had a buddy that wanted a white one so I traded. Don’t know if the pickguard is original or not. The weight of the bass if my home scale is accurate 9lbs 5ounces. I never thought that I would ever sell this bass or the ones I will be putting up for sale but I have been diagnosed with dupuytren's disease which causes trigger finger and then your fingers to curl and you are unable to straight them out. I have been treated with the injections but only got temporary relief. Most likely will have to have surgery on both hands and it may not correct it. I will be putting more basses up for sale due to this condition as I am losing my ability to play. If you have any questions at all or want to make an offer, please open up a private conversation with me rather than posting questions/offers here in the thread. Thanks for looking! The photos show the condition of this instrument. Shipping (FedEx) is included in the asking price and please NO TRADES. PayPal only for payment and I ship in the U.S. (Lower 48) only.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg 20210417_190158.jpg 20210417_190205.jpg 20210417_190212.jpg 20210417_190241.jpg 20210417_190255.jpg 20210417_190320.jpg 20210418_135400.jpg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  2. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Gold Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Great description and photos of a beautiful instrument! GLWTS!

Basspounder likes this.
  3. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    Simply amazing..... wish I have the dough.

BTW, just want to point out a typo on your ad. The bass is 42yrs old not 22.

4. Basspounder

Jan 4, 2013
    Sale pending!!!!

5. Basspounder

Jan 4, 2013
    Correction SOLD!!!!

6. Gothguy

Gothguy Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2016
    I can’t believe I missed this one

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021