For Sale 1990 Fodera Anthony Jackson 6 String Contrabass..many extras and upgrades.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Charley Sabatino, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Charley Sabatino

Charley Sabatino Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Bayside, NY
    Endorsed by Lakland, Phil Jones Bass, SIT, Kahler, Tsunami Cables and a Yamaha Performance Artist
    Price:
    $18000.00
    Strings:
    United States
    Provenance: Bass was manufactured in May of 1990 (Serial# JGC533). I am the only owner. It has been regularly maintenance by Fodera EXCLUSIVELY.

Construction: Walnut body with a cherry tone block. 3-piece Hard Rock Maple Neck with Macassar Ebony fingerboard. No inlays. The Top is Spalted Maple which, according to Joey and Vinny, they had only enough of this board to make 2 basses. I have one and Nathan East has the other. There are three pickup covers (explained below). Two are Wenge and one is Brazilian Rosewood.

The Bass was Pleked around 2010. Action is low and clean.

Electronics: Around 2000, the electronics were significantly upgraded. It consists of a 3 pickup, 2 preamp system designed for me by Mike Pope.

· 2 Seymour Duncan Dummy Coil Pickups in 70’s Jazz spacing

· Pickups are coil tappable and can be active or passive

· Passive tone, Pickup Blend and Active Bass, Middle and Treble

· A pull pot deactivates these two pickups and activates a solo pickup with its own preamp

· Solo pickup has separate volume and Active Bass, Middle and Treble.

· The entire system can be muted with one switch

While the bass has been played and gigged with extensively, it is EXTREMELY CLEAN with no major blemishes. Bass comes with an iGiG gigbag.

Come by and play it. You will be amazed. Serious inquiries only please.

Top.jpg View attachment 4801104 View attachment 4801102 View attachment 4801105 View attachment 4801103 View attachment 4801106

Attached Files:

2. Chung Man Lim

Chung Man Lim

Sep 7, 2019
    Michigan
    Wow! 1990 AJ6.. Interesting

Charley Sabatino likes this.
  3. Leo Smith

Leo Smith Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2009
    dammit Charley, that's a nice bass!!! wow

What's the scale length?

4. Charley Sabatino

Jan 25, 2006
    Bayside, NY
    Endorsed by Lakland, Phil Jones Bass, SIT, Kahler, Tsunami Cables and a Yamaha Performance Artist
    Hey Leo...34"

Leo Smith likes this.
  5. Charley Sabatino

Jan 25, 2006
    Bayside, NY
    if ur interested, let's talk..u have my info...