1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1991 Warwick Streamer Stage II - Handmade in Germany

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassbooty, Jun 17, 2017.

1. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale is a 1991 Warwick Streamer Stage II bass. This gem was made back when Warwick basses were totally handmade (prior to the move to a bigger factory in 1995 when they started using more machines for manufacturing).

As can be seen in the pics, the bass is in very good condition! Below are some details about the bass:

-Solid Afzelia body wings

-Wenge hidden neck-through 7 piece neck with 4 large strips of Wenge and 3 thinner strips of Afzelia wood

-Slim, super comfy neck with no volute and a wenge fingerboard with abalone/mother of pearl Yin/Yang inlays

-Brass adjustable nut which has an adjustable set screw for each individual string

-Bridge is Solid Brass (in the mid nineties, Warwick started using bridges made of a metal alloy up until 2013 when new German Warwick basses once again started having solid brass bridges)

-EMG pickups with an Aguilar OBP-1 preamp

-Weight: 9.8 lbs. > Balances extremely well with no neck dive whatsoever!

-Warwick Bag included

This bass has sweet sounding dry/woody tone with deep lows and super sweet highs! I've owned four other Streamer Stage II neck-through 4-string basses over the years (a 1990, a different 1991, a 1996 and a 2003) and this is by far the best sounding/best feeling one. The tone is as clear as a bell. The only reason I'm selling is because I need to recoup some money after having made some other gear purchases.

Due to its age and the natural beeswax finish, the bass does have some minor dings and indentations in the wood > all of which are hard to see unless you examine the bass up super close. I have tried to show these in the photos, but they are hard to capture. But believe me this bass plays like butter! The action is medium/low with no buzz. I've owned 25+ Warwick basses spanning all the different eras and IMO the late eighties and very early nineties ones have the most slim, comfortable neck profile.

I'm asking $1991 shipped to CONUS with payment via PayPal. Please feel free to Start a Conversation (PM) me with any specific questions you may have. Thanks for looking!

IMG_0332.JPG

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  2. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Sold!