1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1995 CHARVEL/JACKSON JPB-7 MIJ NEAR MINT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by toprekoms, Oct 4, 2013.

1. toprekoms

toprekoms Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Colorado
    Most of you probably know the story, but for those who don't, here goes. In 1995, Jackson identically copied this bass, which is still produced by the Marleaux, Co., and had the nerve to take it to Europe's equivalent of the NAMM show. As soon as the 2 German brothers who own Marleaux saw it, they threatened Jackson with a lawsuit, and production was ceased. Only 1200 of the 3 different models were made. The JPB-7 has the J/P pickup configuration, the JPB-8 has two soap bars, and the JPB-9, of which only 100 were made, was a beautiful Walnut capped, natural finish.The JPB-7 had the highest number produced, around 500-700. It took me over ten years to find this bass. I only wanted black, none of the other crazy flourescent colors or glitter., and it had to be in excellent condition. This one is. There are a few very slight mars, not scratches, in the finish that could easily be buffed out if you wanted it near perfect. From 5 feet away, it looks new. There is one very small dent on the front, but not through the finish. The printing on the pickups is mint.
    One of the tuners was missing a bushing, so I replaced them all with identical N.O.S. Gotohs, and added a nice Gotoh bridge. I will include the stock tuners and bridge as well. The stock nut was ruined, so I had a custom bone nut professionally cut and installed. It was recently professionally set-up with with Roto-Sound .45-.105 round wounds. The frets look great, the action is very low with no flats or buzzes, the electronics work perfectly, and the OHSC has some mars a minor scrapes, but nothing serious. All 3 latches function properly, the handle is solid, and the interior is as close to new as you will find. The straps need re-gluing to the inside of the case, and both are there.This is by far the fastest and smoothest playing bass I have ever owned, and I've owned dozens, but I'm playing strictly 5 string now and hate to see it just hanging on the wall unloved. Somone please give her a good home.
    Specs:
    Alder Body in gloss Black
    Semi-flat profile maple neck with some nice birdseye and flame and Marleaux shaped headstock
    Jackson kerf joint below headstock for extra strength
    Hand-selected dark oxblood Brazilian Rosewood fretboard
    34" scale
    24 Fret
    Bone nut
    Gotoh tuners
    Gotoh bridge
    Master volume, bass, mid, and treble 12db +/- (9 volt)
    Weight: 7.4 lbs. on the digital bathroom scale (extremely light)

$550.00 SHIPPED in CONUS. I can send more photos if desired.

Attached Files:

2. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Is this still available?

3. goes to 11

goes to 11 Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2012
    longshot but is this still available?