1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 1999 Dano DC bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Do-Da, Feb 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Do-Da

Do-Da

Dec 24, 2007
    Columbus, OH 43214
    Price:
    $400
    Strings:
    Decided it was time for my 1999 Dano DC bass Reissue to find a new home . Wonderful instrument I played exclusively for many years . The Bridge pickup makes All the difference from the original ! Adapts to all kinds of situations . I could sub it for my DB at times and hardly tell it wasn't one , yet can sound like many other basses with different tone settings .

Lots of top players keep one in their Go To basses for on stage . I have seen Petty's bass man , Robert Cray's and even Springstein's plus many more use these basses . I know Hank Van Sickle with John Mayal has one . They are just so darned Punchy ! Nice that they are really light also , esp. for those of us with back troubles .

This one is in particularly fine shape . Has had fret dressing and polishing and I have always used DiAddario Chrome flats Med. with it so little fret where . Fingerboard treated with Aisyn fingerboard oil … top notch and not too much . No cracking . A set is on now with little wear . One owner before me who barely ever played it . Only thing I have had to replace it one stacked pick-up . One small mar in the pick guard that was there when I got it . Looks like a small coffee stain but is something in the guard .

The amazing thing about this one bass is that it plays almost perfectly in tune all the way up the neck with just original rosewood bridge . Never felt a need to get another bridge .

Will be double boxed for shipping and as securely wrapped as I can get it . The light weight makes shipping not so bad of course .

Will come FedEx . shipping depends on where it is going .

Asking $400for this and very fair for what you will be getting .

All the best of luck and please write with any questions .

Thanks for looking ! Do Da

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    rbeck47 likes this.
  2. Do-Da

Do-Da

Dec 24, 2007
    Columbus, OH 43214
    Thanks much ! Have had lots of fun with her . There have been times at jams when I have been sneered at by guys with their very expensive basses .... then I enjoy watching the jaws drop . One time the head of the jam had noticed and made a point of saying , " That is the Best sounding bass I have ever heard . " on the mic just for an extra dig . A friend of course but appreciated .