1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2000 Squier Precision Bass Special, fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Busker, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    This 2000 (Indonesian) Squier bass was modified to be fretless. The fret slots were inlaid with walnut strips, which is much nicer than simply filling the slots with wood putty. The fretboard was then trued and the nut lowered. It plays nicely and certainly sounds like a fretless should. I have only used Fender tapewound strings on it since the fretless mod, and this is a near-new set. The P Bass Special has a Jazz profile neck, 1 and 1/2 inches at the nut. The color of the bass is Shoreline gold and the headstock was painted to match (an OK job, but not 100% pro looking). It no longer has the Squier logo on front, but the serial number is still on the back, identifying it as a 2000 Indonesian. Squier pickups and hardware. The pickguard was spray-painted black with Krylon special paint for plastics. The knobs are not original (from a Dean bass), but are the same exact type as original, only black instead of chrome.

There is some finish wear, a few nicks and scratches and I believe some extra holes on the neck heel from when the neck was on some other body. The bridge pickup route is not perfect - someone had installed another brand Jazz bass pickup (before I owned the bass) and carved the edges of the route a little to make the other pickup fit. Anyway, it now has a Squier pickup back in place. I did install a cool vintage wax/paper cap on the tone control.

Sounds good, plays good, just not perfect on the cosmetics. Asking $110 including shipping to anywhere in the CONUS - 48 states. SOLD!

No case, but it will be packed with care.
    The only reason I'm selling this is I'm trying to scrape up part of the dough that I already spent for a used Fender Jazz.

sq1.

sq2.

sq3.

sq4.

2. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    Lowered Price. $110 shipped CONUS

3. RedsFan75

RedsFan75

Apr 26, 2007
    Cincinnati
    What's the weight on this one?

4. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    It weighs about 8 3/4 pounds. Give or take a couple of ounces.

5. RedLS1Iroc

RedLS1Iroc

Apr 6, 2008
    still avialable?

6. ChrisPbass

ChrisPbass

Jul 18, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    PM'd.

7. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007