1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2001 Blueburst Modulus Quantum 5 (Q5) with FretFx side LEDs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by Peter Weil, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Peter Weil

Peter Weil Seeker of The New Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Price:
    Currency (EU and Intl):
    BGP
    Strings:
    My Location:
    United Kingdom
    Ships to::
    • Worldwide
    • United States
    Hi all

Trimming the herd down. Up for sale is my super duper whizzbanging Modulus Q5 with FretFx side LEDs. I've played and gigged this a lot, but now need the cash. I love this bass.

Made in 2001. 24 frets, 35" scale, 17.5mm spacing at the bridge, though this is adjustable. Hipshot 'A' Bridge; Modulus/Gotoh GB350 tuners. Dunlop Straploks. Carbon fibre neck with truss rod. 9.5 pounds on the bathroom scales.

Electronics package is EMG 40DC pickups wired up to 18v John East U-Retro preamp. Absolutely killer; the bass boost on this gets insane if you want it to and huge output from the preamp. Controls are bass/treble, mid with variable mid, pickup pan, and volume. 'Bright' pull switch on the treble pot. Many many varied tones; I've used it on many styles of gig. Slap is awesome, as you'd expect.

I fitted blue FretFx side LEDs ( ... FretFX ... Attachable Illuminated LED Fret Markers ) which is a completely removable mod with no permanent effects. It turns on by flipping the battery in the battery compartment behind the headstock around and off by reversing the battery again. Made it easier for me in dark rooms. I took a couple of pics with the system off and on to show what it looks like; kind of awkward, but you'll get the idea.

Setup is medium to low; I imagine others might want to raise it, but I play with a light touch. D'Addario XL Nickels.

I've taken a ton of photos to show the quilt pattern and colour. There are two small dings on the front; one just south of the stacked electronics pots, and another just south of the end of the fretboard. These are shown in pics. Small.

The case has been around a lot, and has quite a few cracks and dings. Latches work perfectly and it functions fine, but it's had plenty of use.

Price is £2000 + shipping. I'll ship insured and tracked anywhere. No trades, thanks kindly.

Going to put some taster pics below, but for now the Flickr link shows a lot more in all the high res glory: Modulus Q5 For Sale

Pete

IMG_0298.JPG IMG_0317.JPG IMG_0329.JPG

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    SeSt and Fred312b like this.
  2. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Looks like a swimming pool... beauty.

Peter Weil likes this.
  3. Peter Weil

Mar 29, 2000
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    You are too kind!

I had meant to say, if anyone is interested, PM me and make an offer. I can only say yes or no....lol

4. Peter Weil

Mar 29, 2000
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Sold.