1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 2006 Bjorn Stoll 3/4 bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by B String, Aug 14, 2019.

1. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Price:
    $9.000
    Strings:
    For sale: Bjorn Stoll handmade fully carved bass from 2006. Gorgeous ¾ size bass with violin corners. Immaculate, easy player that sounds fantastic. There is NOTHING wrong with this instrument. It is set up for Jazz at the moment and has a deep earthy tone with lots of pulse on the front of the note with a nice growl. The bass also has a lovely warm rich sound with the bow, especially nice for an instrument that is 13 years old. All set up work done by Lisa Gass and Jason Brown. As much as I love this bass, it doesn’t work for my body type. I have shorter arms and very short fingers. It’s a bit hard for me to play past the heel of the neck. Not an issue for any of my friends who have played the bass, but I just can’t get comfortable on it. I need something smaller. Has a just over 41” string length. Eb neck. Honestly, I hate to part with it, but it is just the wrong size bass for me. Available for local Los Angeles pickup. Cover and Full Circle pickup included. $9,000

bass 1. bass 2. bass 3. bass 5. bass 6. bass 9. bass 10. bass 12. bass 7.

Attached Files:

Chris Fitzgerald likes this.
  2. Brian Bromberg

Brian Bromberg

Sep 16, 2005
    First off and just to be clear, B String is one of my oldest friends in life, I have known him for 45 years maybe? Geez we are getting old! So with that said and for what it is worth, if I didn't just buy a new bass to travel with I would buy this bass. In fact the bass I just bought was built by the same maker, Bjorn Stoll. They are solid well built basses. I have played this bass several times, acoustically and amplified. It is warm, and quite mature sounding for a young bass. It is also set up well and is very comfortable to play. These are just my 2 cents and no, B String didn't ask me to write this, I just thought I would share my experience with this bass. And, B String is correct, he needs a smaller bass that works better for his body. If you are in the Los Angeles area this bass is really worth checking out. Good luck with your search!.....B2

3. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'm getting a few bites but nothing solid yet. This is the same maker and model bass Carlitos Del Puerto is using. You can see and hear it on a number of things he's thrown up on Facebook. My crappy iPhone pics don't do this bass justice.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019 at 6:03 PM