No longer available 2007 Fender American Jazz Bass Deluxe - Custom Color

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rickwick7600, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Fantastic bass here. Loved this thing, but I've purchased some new gear and something's gotta go. I will try to be as thorough with my description as possible, but please ask me as many questions as you like.

The bass was originally finished in Fender's Montego Black with a gold pick guard (stock photo seen below), but obviously that is no longer the case. I had a custom car painter friend coat the body and headstock in a beautiful root beer candy (the pictures really don't do it justice). The pickguard (an aftermarket cheap black one) I covered with a marled copper veneer which has begun to develop a really nice patina. This same veneer was applied to the battery cover.
    At some point I had all black hardware, but I've since gone back to the original. The neck plate, string ferrules, string retainer and control plate were painted a matte black. The neck plate, retainer and ferrules are still black, but the I sanded off the black paint from the control plate which left kind of brushed metal look... I quite like it actually. There are plenty of dings, scratches and chips from extensive use. There's one large chip off on the bottom and some chips around the battery compartment. Here are some official specs:

Select alder body
    Graphite-reinforced maple neck with modern C shape and a satin polyurethane finish (has a few areas of nice flame)
    Maple fingerboard with abalone circle inlays
    9-1/2" radius
    22 medium-jumbo frets (I had the frets dressed once)
    Chrome-plated hardware
    Deluxe bridge that allows either string-thru or top loading
    Chrome-plated brass bridge saddles
    Lite-Bass tuners with vintage cloverleaf keys
    Schaller strap locks
    2 dual-coil Samarium Cobalt Noiseless Jazz pickups
    Master volume and pan pot for pickup switching
    3-band active EQ (The Treble boost/cut doesn't seem to make much of a difference in the tone - it actually never seemed to have any effect. Not sure if this is a defect or just the way it is, but I simply never used it).
    Weight: 9.8 lbs (the paint certainly added some heft to this thing)

I'm asking $650 shipped/insured to the CONUS only. Will ship with its original molded hard shell case (don't have the keys to lock it anymore), the original manual and truss rod adjustment tool. Not looking for any trades at this time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  2. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    Just beautiful!

rickwick7600 likes this.
  3. fghtffyrdmns

fghtffyrdmns

Oct 22, 2012
    What a beauty. Love that matching headstock. I've got a 2007 Deluxe as well and it's the best bass I've ever played, hands down. Good luck with the sale!

rickwick7600 likes this.
  4. Do you happen to have any video or audio of this bass in action? Just wondering if having an aftermarket autobody finish did anything to the sound one way or the other

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022