1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2007 Rickenbacker 4003 AFG with Side Dot Marker LEDs, Silver Case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by LenMinNJ, Jun 1, 2017.

1. LenMinNJ

LenMinNJ Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale: 2007 Rickenbacker 4003 Amber Fireglo bass

Plays and sounds great!

This bass is in very nice condition other than some edge wear on the back. The Amber Fireglo is very pretty. That was Rickenbacker's 2006 Color Of The Year and was only offered while they were fulfilling the orders placed in 2006.

It was sent off to the UK to have Sims Guitar Works install side dot marker LEDs. The installation is very clean and professional. There's a mini toggle switch on the control plate that switches the LEDs on and off. Takes a 9 Volt battery, accessible via a removable rear cover.

The LEDs make it a lot easier to play accurately on a darkened stage.

Martin Sims Guitar Works Bass Guitars Kent, LED and Pickups

Neck is straight. Truss rods work fine. Frets are in very good condition. Silver/blue case is in good condition.

Shipping: $50 within continental USA. I will ship anywhere in the world as long as you pay the actual cost of shipping, with full insurance, and with full Customs value declared.

Alternately, you can pick it up in northern NJ, five minutes from NYC's George Washington Bridge.

Sorry, not interested in trades.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    metallicafan18 and ICM like this.
  2. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

nice! i saw this the first time it was posted for sale and was going to bite on it when i was driving through CT since he was selling it at an awesome price, but the seller took a bit to reply unfortunately. also from the pics looks like you got the action straightened out. what did it end up needing?

3. LenMinNJ

Dec 22, 2010
    It needed a real Rickenbacker trussrod instead of the generic replacement that didn't quite fit. And a good setup.

Now it has both!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    byoung93888 and kulit17 like this.
  4. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Can the LEDs be removed easily?

5. LenMinNJ

Dec 22, 2010
    I can't imagine why you'd want to do so.

That said, it's simple and easy to disconnect their wiring so that they don't light. The switch and the wiring in the pickguard/control cavity, along with the battery in its cavity, could even be removed. If you didn't like the switch hole in the pickguard, a new pickguard for a 4003 is inexpensive and easily found.

It's probably not so simple to dig the LEDs out of the side of the fretboard and remove their wiring that's in the neck, under the fretboard. There's likely really no reason to ever do so, as they look fine, and unless you looked really closely you wouldn't realize that they weren't standard non-LED dot markers.

I've attached a photo that shows what the markers look like when the power to the LEDs is switched off.

4003AFG LEDs Off - small.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    HertzWhenIPlay and byoung93888 like this.
  6. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    If you change your mind on trades, let me know. I might have something for you.

7. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Pmd

8. LenMinNJ

Dec 22, 2010
    Responded with photos

Attached Files: