1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 2009 Eastman Wilhelm Klier 3/4 Upright

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Brian Ward, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Brian Ward

Brian Ward Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Endorses: G&L Guitars, GHS Strings
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hello all,
    For sale is my first upright - a 2009 Eastman Wilhelm Klier fully carved 3/4 bass. I'm the first and only owner and bought it new in 2009 (it's opened up a lot since then). I played it through college and for the last 7 years as a pro in Los Angeles, but with all the...quality...time we've been given recently I've started to come to terms with what this bass does under my hands and what it doesn't do. So it's time to find a home for it with someone who will get out of it what I have for the last decade.

Right now it's been set up by Lisa Gass at LA Bass Works with zyex strings. It has a fishman full circle (my preferred pickup) and also a Wilson transducer pickup (think underwood but cleaner, more controlled) that was installed when I bought the bass.

Comes with an Eastman case that I bought a month ago and have only gigged once. Also has a bow quiver.

Happy to answer any questions about this one. Asking NOW $8000, local to LA only (although I'm more than happy to drive and meet with serious interested buyers).

This is a great pro bass or college upgrade. One scar on the lower left back that was a mystery gash, but it was fixed by LA Bass works 3 years ago and hasn't moved since.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021