SOLD 2011 Birdsong Skyrider 6th Anniversary

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by theschnitt, Jan 23, 2020.

1. theschnitt

theschnitt Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Price:
    Strings:
    Short-scale, high quality handmade bass. 9 piece body made of mesquite(!), maple, and walnut. Maple neck w/ rosewood fingerboard. Ebony nut, knobs, and trussrod cover. Takes a low setup and is currently strung up with dead nickel roundwounds, I'm not sure what brand. No issues whatsoever, everything works as it should and there are no noticeable scratches or dings.

This is an amazing bass - it has the same electronics as the typical Cortobass, in a more refined style (rear-routed with Lace Sensors, wired V/V/T). Like all Birdsongs it is solid, comfortable, and sounds beefy and more articulate than other passive short-scales. I'm selling only because I also have a Hy5 that I'm using for everything.

Comes with OHSC w/ commemorative "6th Anniversary" badge and original build sheet.

The only change is I added a second strap button to the upper horn in a more "Fender-y" location. It balances great on a strap or in the lap, and from either strap button.

Not super motivated for trades, but I'd consider a short or medium scale J, esp. with cash my way. Active would be interesting.
    Shipping included for the western CONUS, add $25 east of the Mississippi.
    Updated pics on 1/25/2020
    20200125_110752.jpg 20200125_110757.jpg 20200125_110824.jpg 20200125_110850.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  2. SaucyJackBass

SaucyJackBass

May 6, 2009
    Beautiful. Wish trades were an option

3. Jvdben1

Jvdben1

Mar 1, 2018
    I am the previous owner, this was one of 3 that was built that year for the 6th year anniversary celebration from the same wood. It is absolutely beautiful and plays like butter! There is a lot of information available from Scott at Birdsong on this baby and craftsmanship is amazing. This bass would cost well over $3K to build, but this wood combination can not be replicated, enjoy!

theschnitt likes this.
  4. theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks, Joe! It's great bass and I do dig it. I'm a little on the fence about selling it, to be honest.

5. hamertek98

hamertek98

Apr 3, 2004
    Indiana
    Not in the market...

just gotta day that’s one of the finest Birdsongs I’ve seen.

theschnitt likes this.
  6. JayDA

JayDA Space is deep

Oct 4, 2010
    Jersey
    I have the Corto, Sadhana, and HY5 from this set....soooooo tempting!

theschnitt likes this.
  7. PaulS

PaulS

Jan 19, 2016
    Somewhere in Jersey
    Holy hell. That is gorgeous. I can see why you’d be reluctant to sell lol.

theschnitt likes this.
  8. theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    And it's sold. Thanks for all the interest.

9. PaulS

PaulS

Jan 19, 2016
    Somewhere in Jersey
    Congrats. At least now I don’t have to worry about splurging for this ;)

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022