1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade 2011 Warwick Pro Series Thumb BO4 w/ HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Fresnobob, Aug 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Fresnobob

Fresnobob Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Price:
    $1000
    Strings:
    $1,000 shipped CONUS

Hi and thanks for reading. This is a 2011 Warwick Pro Series (made in Korea) Thumb BO4 (bolt-on neck 4-string) with a Warwick hardshell case. The User Kit includes some literature, strap locks, and a few hex wrenches. The bass has a high gloss finish and is in great condition. I did nick the finish in a few spots, at the back side of the bridge, when I was adjusting the intonation (see picture). There appears to be a wear spot on the bass side of the cutout for the bridge (see picture) as well.

The body is Ovangkol, neck looks to be Maple. Fingerboard is Wenge. Pickups are active MEC. Preamp is an active/passive 2-band MEC. The neck is a thin c-shape. Weight is 9.7lbs per my luggage scale. The ramp is secured by the pickup screws (i.e. no tape or holes in the body to deal with if you want to remove it).

The bass sits on me balanced with no neck dive (maybe because I wear it high). Tone is a great Thumb tone, I recently lowered the action and it added even more growl. The case has some miles on it, but as they say it works.

I prefer a sale but am open to trades too. Trade-wise, I generally prefer to add some cash and trade up in value, but I’d consider any offer. If you’re local to Central California (Fresno area), let me know and we can work out a deal for a local cash sale.

Please send offers in a PM. Thanks again for reading!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    filler83, BrentSimons and Smoothmove like this.
  2. DevinWard369

DevinWard369

Apr 30, 2012
    Utah
    Your neck looks maple... error in description? Or ovangkol comes in blonde?

3. Fresnobob

Fresnobob Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Good catch. Mistake on my part. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019