1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD $50 big_tee sidewinders 35 shape

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by orange joe, Dec 14, 2018.

1. orange joe

orange joe I am serious and don't call me Shirley

Sep 7, 2012
    Albany NY
    Price:
    $50
    These were made by our fellow TB user big_tee. EMG 35 shape. Duncan wiring scheme. Nice sidewinders (aka bi-lateral coil pickups) single coil clarity with no hum. I had to make a small incision on the side of them so they would fit in the cavity without pinching the cable. It's mearly cosmetic and unnoticeable once installed. Other than that there is some normal play wear. I'll try to get as best a pic as I can.
    Note from the winder:
    "The neck sidewinder coils have 5000 turns 42 Poly, and both in series, they measured around 8.5k ohms DCR.
    The Bridge sidwinder coils have 6000 turns 42 Poly, and measure around 10k ohms DCR in series."

Price includes shipping to conus. PayPal only.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Matt R likes this.
  2. Gfkfloyd

Gfkfloyd

Sep 30, 2017
    Any chance these could be extracted from the shell and implanted into an EMG HB shell? Have you had a chance to hear how these pickups compare to other sidewinders?

3. orange joe

orange joe I am serious and don't call me Shirley

Sep 7, 2012
    Albany NY
    I have not been able to compare them to other sidewinders. The tone is very similar to stacked single coil in my opinion. They are set in the pickup housing pretty well. I don't think they are coming out.

4. Gfkfloyd

Gfkfloyd

Sep 30, 2017
    Pm'd