SOLD 99/00 MIM Fender Precision Special

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by slivjakm, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    ***ON HOLD FOR SALE***

I'm primarily a guitar player so it took me a couple of times (and basses) to get used to a 5 string bass. But I got it down, so now I never use the 4 string. So for your consideration is a 1999/2000 (per serial number) MIM Fender Precision Special bass in exceptionally clean condition. It's ~9 lbs. on my scale, neck is straight, action low, strung with Sadowsky Bright Nickel strings. No buckle rash or major dings, in fact the only flaws are a 1/2" scratch (pictured) and a small dimple near it (won't show). There is a little yellowing of the cream finish on the back where it rubs against your body. I swapped out the original bridge but will include it (pictured). Comes with the G&G case shown. For sale $600 shipped/paypal-ed however, I am willing to trade up (add cash) for a 5 string in the $1000 range, i.e, a Lakland DJ signature, a P/J or MM/J configuration. I've got a MM Ray 35, but I'd be interested in a Sterling HS, MTD Bass Mods etc. Feel free to ask any questions, I'm mjsliv on The Gear Page and eBay as well so lots of reference deals.

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0992_LI.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. To answer some of the questions I've been asked, this model has the slim Jazz neck on it, so it's 1.5" at the nut. I haven't adjusted the truss rod since I've had this bass (~3yrs.) so I can't comment on it's functionality- the neck has been straight and true since I've owned it. I can certainly check the truss adjustment if that helps your confidence in the sale.

3. Britton

Britton

Apr 16, 2018
    Just confirming that this sold? The listing shows on hold, I’m interested!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2022