SOLD AionFX DOD 250 clone

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by groovaholic, Oct 15, 2021.

1. groovaholic

groovaholic The louder the better. Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Mount Prospect, IL
    Price:
    United States
    I built this pedal to the "79 Grey" specs in Aion's build instructions, complete with the LM741 IC.

Aphelion Vintage Distortion - Aion FX

The circuit trims lows as gain is increased, and when I tried to mod it to retain lows better, it lost the unique tonal character that makes it so cool. So I switched it back to the original specs - it works really well with guitar, but with bass I was limited to using it as a clean boost (which it has plenty of volume to do well).

The graphics were inspired by my time in the military; any time I heard "DOD" I thought "Department of Defense", so I laser-etched the Dept of Def seal onto the pedal.

The other graphics (below the switches) reflect their functions:
    • input capacitor (to allow more or less low end to enter the circuit)
    • hi cut (to reduce high frequencies at the end of the circuit)
    • clipping diode selector (stock, no diode, or LED)
    The pedal is finished in brown metallic sparkle because nothing says 1970's awesomeness like brown metallic sparkle!

The pedal is solid and functions perfectly, but one of the screws for the back cover broke off (see pics) - the back cover is thick and sturdy enough that the other 3 screws still hold it solidly in place, but I wanted to make note of it.

PayPal and Zelle welcome; shipping will depend on location and final price.

Check out the pics, and let me know if you have any questions...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  2. groovaholic

groovaholic The louder the better. Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Mount Prospect, IL
    ...and SOLD!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2021