1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Alleva-Coppolo LG5 Classic 2016 Candy Apple Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Strokey, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Strokey

Strokey Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Florida
    Price:
    $4400
    Strings:
    For sale is my 2016 Alleva-Coppolo LG5 Classic in Candy Apple Red (CAR) with matching headstock. The bass is in excellent condition. There is a small chip on the headstock (see the attached picture). There is also some swirling on the pickguard and some minor marks on the bass from playing (these would not photograph). The bass is extremely clean and sounds fantastic. In fact, this is the best sounding bass I have ever owned. The only reason I am selling is because I am not playing as much as I used to, so I am thinning out the herd, and this bass is too good of a bass to just sit around.

The bass features a full size alder body and fingerboard is made of CNL hybrid of Brazilian rosewood. The string spacing is 19mm. The bass also features Jimmy's new bent plate bridge and proprietary electronics (Knobs: vol, vol, tone, bass/treble stack) The bass weighs 9 lbs and balances perfectly. And the bass will come with a nice padded Protech case.

This bass sounds fantastic; Jimmy just nails that vintage J bass vibe, but his electronics add so much to that vintage tone.

$4400 (or best offer) gets her to your door. I have more hi-res pics I can send if interested. Please feel free to ask any questions.

I am now considering trades + cash (to me). However, I will only consider 5-string basses and I am looking for a trade that would have cash coming my way. If you have any ideas, please send them my way.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  2. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, Olinto Basses, Bergantino Audio Systems
    Is the finish poly or nitro?

3. Strokey

Feb 8, 2006
    Florida
    Poly finish

4. Strokey

Feb 8, 2006
    Florida
    Here are some answers to some general questions I am getting. When I used my home scale, the bass was weighing between 9.0 and 9.1 lbs. It has a poly finish. I'm not looking for any trades at the moment. Yes, paypal is fine and I will consider reasonable offers.

Thx

5. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Killer bass! Love it!

6. Strokey

Feb 8, 2006
    Florida
    Trade update:

I was able to move another bass, so I am now considering trades + cash (to me). However, I will only consider 5-string basses and I am looking for a trade that would include cash coming my way. If you have any ideas, please send them my way.

7. Strokey

Feb 8, 2006
    Florida
    I will also consider amps + cash my way.

8. Strokey

Feb 8, 2006
    Florida
    Sold!!!

9. slamsinger

slamsinger

Feb 8, 2009
    Coventry RI
    Whoever got it is gonna love it !