1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Arkham Abyss (custom)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Robert Gross, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Robert Gross

Robert Gross

May 23, 2018
    Price:
    Up for sale is a custom Arkham Abyss preamp. Custom in that it has a master volume in addition to the gain. A feature that Micah added to the rear of the unit (see photos). This was not a stock feature on the Abyss, only on the Zypher and the new Beast. It was something like $125 upgrade by the time it was shipped back to Micah to add it. If you're into over-driving the tube, you need the gain and master.

Arkham gets a lot of love on TB - for good reason. The unit is in excellent condition. The only "flaw" is the Velcro I added to the bottom, which you can remove. The bottom screws were scratching my power amp so that was my solution. There are some surface scratches on the bottom because of that (see photos). Works perfect, sounds great.

$700 OBO

I'm new to selling on TB as of today. I've bought items here, but never sold. But buy with confidence, I've sold many items on other sites. I pack well and ship quickly.

IMG_4500.JPG IMG_4505.JPG IMG_4506.JPG IMG_4507.JPG IMG_4508.JPG IMG_4509.JPG

Milo's, BostonJazz72, speyer and 4 others like this.
  2. spiritbass

spiritbass

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    I've never had my fingers (or ears) on one of these but they sound like really cool pre's/DI's. I'd think that range control would be a handy sculpting tool. :) Are you doing something crazy like buying a 'Beast'?

3. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Where are you located in Cali?

4. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

drool
    If I didn’t have a Zephyr, I’d be all over this.

Robert Gross likes this.
  5. Robert Gross

Robert Gross

May 23, 2018
    Dee-Man: I'm in Ojai. It's Ventura county, north of Los Angeles about 90miles

6. Robert Gross

Robert Gross

May 23, 2018
    Spiritbass: I'm tight on money. Total bummer to let this preamp go. I talked to Micah about making a custom Bullet with most of the bells and whistles of the Abyss. I have a Demeter Minnie 800d and would like a tiny little Bullet housing to sit on top of it, but got to have the Range control and DI. Anyway, when money isn't quite so tight I'll get another one.

spiritbass likes this.
  7. Jigmay

Jigmay

Mar 24, 2004
    Haligonia
    PM sent.

8. Robert Gross

Robert Gross

May 23, 2018
    Sold pending payment