1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Audiokinesis Thunderchild 112AFv3

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by craigb, Mar 23, 2018.

1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Price:
    Hey Y'all,

I picked this up used in my search for a tiny equivalent to my old Carvin LS1503s used as bass cabs (w/ & w/o 3015LFs). This is an amazing cab - but it's not quite me. And you know what my real favorite cab is? One someone else carried - and 95+% of my non-headphone playing over the last few years is done at a location where a good-enough combo lives and I haul only my bass/tablet/bag-o-stuff, and you can't beat that. I also have some other small, light, cheap, so far good enough cabs for the handful of times a year I've had to take my own rig.

Given all that I'm putting this on the block, of course in order to pick up more gear that I'd use more often. I took it to rehearsal last night and it put out amazing low end for such a minimal carry (I have to take 2 of my other much more traditional cabs to get the same depth) and nothing else I've used has sounded as good with my Goldtone uke bass. But it's not enough "me" to stick around when it's not getting use.

$650 - for now pickup only in Houston, I don't want to ship if I can avoid it

It's a v3 with 4 ports (and all port plugs accounted for) and all 3 switches -- AF model with the rear-firing tweeter, 4Ohm (with 4/8 Ohm switch -- see Audiokinesis info for how that works). I picked it up used so it does have a bit of wear - no major dings, no issues.

pics coming this weekend

Things I'd trade for - pretty much all G&L basses at this point:

- Kiloton: <=9lbs, 1.5" nut width satin neck, Irish Ale Trib OK (I don't have anything that directly corresponds)
    - SB-1: <=8.75lbs, 1.5" nut width satin neck (I've got an SB2 but wouldn't mind a lighter SB1)
    - L2K: <=8.75 lbs, 1.5" nut width satin neck, K switching wanted (I've got an L1K but an L2K adds some more tonal options)
    - if by any chance you have a Lynx or 1st Gen SB-2 with a 1.5" nut width, <9.5lbs I'd be interested in that also (I've never seen one with a skinny neck)

I don't have a lot of cash I could put in a trade but I do have a Trib JB2 that could be included for the right deal

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  2. craigb

Here are pics.

Played it at a guitarist friends birthday jam for a couple of hours today (kind of coffeehouse kind of volume). The box size is great for carting around and it sounds huge and supportive even at low volume (I had 2 ports sealed). I think it's just too smooth for me -- maybe I'm no longer a FRFR fan, or maybe I'm not a 3012LF fan but it's just not me. Updated the trades.

The wear is that the corners & feet don't look new any more and there are a few "dots" in the hard finish. Nothing big, no problems.

tc112-1.JPG tc112-2.JPG tc112-3.JPG tc112-4.JPG tc112-5.JPG tc112-6.JPG

3. craigb

off to a new home

I'll miss it, Duke builds an excellent cab

Jonny5bass likes this.