1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale B&G Big Sister Bass USED

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Basspounder, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Basspounder

Basspounder Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Price:
    $2000.00
    Strings:
    United States
    This is a killer Big Sister bass from B&G guitars, plays and sounds phenomenal with all paperwork, would say the condition of the bass 9 out of 10. I am the second owner of this AWESOME bass and it is in the same condition as when I received it after I purchased it back In March 2017. The only issues that I can find on this wonderful bass is that below the bridge there are some surface scratches they are light but there and I cannot get them all to photograph and when I changed the strings, I noticed that the previous strings left the ball end indents in the body but when you have strings on it you can’t see them. The current strings are Dean Markley Blue Steels Medium light 45 -105 which sound great on this beast. I also want to add that there are 3 to 4 surface scratches that are on the top of the body and I was able to get these to photograph. The hard-shell case is included and also in great condition along with the case candy that came with it including the COA. The photos are new and show the condition of this instrument. I put this up for sale a while back and decided not sell it. I thought that I would never sell this bass or the ones I will be putting up for sale but I have been diagnosed with dupuytren's disease which causes trigger finger and then your fingers to curl and you are unable to straight them out. I have been treated with the injections but only got temporary relief. Most likely will have to have surgery on both hands and it may not correct it. I will be putting more basses up for sale due to this condition as I am losing my ability to play. If you have any questions at all or want to make an offer, please open up a private conversation with me rather than posting questions/offers here in the thread. Thanks for looking! The photos show the condition of this instrument. Shipping (FedEx) is included in the asking price and please NO TRADES. PayPal only for payment and I ship in the U.S. (Lower 48) only.

Here is a video of a B&G Big Sister bass being played the bass in the video is not the one that I am selling but will give you an idea of the great tones that this bass can produce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhwqK5P32uo

Here are some of the SPECIFICATIONS that I got from the B&G Website ( https://bngguitars.com/big-sister )

BODY Body thickness : 1.75" / 4.45cm Body length: 17.3" / 44cm Body width: 13.3" / 34cm Back wood: One-Piece Old Growth African Mahogany Top wood: Figured Maple

HARDWARE Bridge: Full Brass B&G Tuners: Gotoh - GB528

FINISH Nitrocellulose

NECK Nut width: 1.62” / 41.3mm Fret 1 Thickness : 0.87” / 22mm Fret 12 Thickness : 0.95” / 24mm Scale length: 34” Neck Joint: Fret 15 Neck wood: One-Piece Old Growth African Mahogany Fingerboard: Old Growth Indian Rosewood Inlay: Pearloid Neck shape: B&G soft V

String spacing: 19.3 mm

ELECTRONICS Pickups: Aguilar Single (AG 4SS-D1)

WEIGHT - 7.7 lbs.

0.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  2. Supadope

Supadope Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Louisville
    My goal is to leave the world a cooler place than when I arrived.
    Beautiful.

3. cpmuddle

cpmuddle

Dec 24, 2020
    Virginia
    Just stunning.

4. dopejohnpaul

dopejohnpaul Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    Drooling :drool:

GearHead_513 likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021