SOLD Beautiful 2015 MTD 635-24 Mint Condition (LAST PRICE DROP!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TheMartianBassist, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Before reading the ad please note that the only trades I'll consider are 5 string basses in the same price range as the MTD with 17mm or LESS string spacing.
    Big plus for maple fingerboard but not a deal breaker if not.
    Thanks!

Hey Guys,

I was tempted to buy this bass because of Michael Tobias' - "The Yoda of Bass Luthiers" - reputation. My opinion was further solidified while playing this baby off the wall at the store and I ended up pulling the trigger after staring at the buckeye top for too long. haha!

But the reality is that I've been playing Ibanez SR basses for most of my career and I'm almost irreversibly used to very tight string spacing. 16.5mm or less.
    Because of this reason I find that I don't play this beauty as much. I have too many basses laying around and I don't want to keep this new MTD around unplayed.

She is in mint condition, I got her last year, barely been played and stayed most of her life in the hardshell case. All paperwork and original parts included. I did remove the finger ramp but it can easily be installed back on.

I'm asking $4000 OBO.
    (Originally $4500)
    I will include a free Mogami Gold 18ft Instrument Cable to compliment the bass. Shipping not included.

Specs:
    -Build: 2015
    -Approx. 9.5 pounds
    -Ash Body
    -Buckeye Burl Top
    -Matching truss rod and headstock
    -Birdseye Maple Fingerboard
    -Ash neck
    -Custom matching wood knobs
    -Deluxe hardshell case
    -635-24, USA made, 35"inch scale, 6 strings, 24 frets, 18mm string spacing, custom Bartolini pickups, Bartolini 18V preamp, vol-blend-bass-mid-treble, mid switch (250/500/1k), Hipshot ultralight hardware.

Feel free to PM with any questions. I'm available to FaceTime as well if anyone wants to see/hear the bass live.

Cheers!

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0663_1.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0657_1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. Man.. This bass is Gorgeous!

3. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Northern California
    OH.MY.GOD! Why is this post happening to me?

TheMartianBassist likes this.
  4. Nightman

Nightman If it ain't low, it's got to go! Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    :woot:drool:woot:

5. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Northern California
    Seller is a good dude! I wish I could buy this bass... someone please BUY. THIS. DAMN. BASS!!

6. Mint MTD, 2015 build, for almost half the price and without the 9 month wait!

7. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Northern California
    Payment coming soon.

8. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Northern California
    Itza mein!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022