1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Bernard Walke Hybrid Bow (Price Drop: $3,000!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by tristenjarv, Sep 28, 2020.

1. tristenjarv

tristenjarv Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2020
    Price:
    $3000
    Style:
    German
    This is a hybrid double bass bow (NOT A GERMAN BOW, TalkBass just made me pick one or the other) that I commissioned in 2015 from the acclaimed Canadian bow maker Bernard Walke. It is extremely well balanced and weighs in at 137g. I have loved this bow since I received it but find myself interested in only German bows nowadays. I paid $4000 originally and am discounting due to a few non-threatening hairline cracks in the tip plate, which I have provided pictures of. This bow was just re-haired & inspected on 9/25/2020 by renowned bow maker Sue Lipkins, in which she deemed the tip-plate cracks as a non-issue and do not impact any aspect of the sound or playability of the bow. Feel free to message me for trials and any other questions about this bow!

Attached Files:

2. Calvin Marks

Calvin Marks Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Toronto
    PM sent

3. Gil

Gil

Oct 20, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Hi there,
    Looks interesting! What caused the cracks?
    ~ Gil

4. tristenjarv

tristenjarv Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2020
    "Hi there,
    Looks interesting! What caused the cracks?
    ~ Gil[/QUOTE]

Hi Gil! I don't know what caused them, other than some general answer of "wear & tear." I'm assuming just the day-to-day accidental hitting the corner of my bass on an up-bow, hitting the music stand, maybe banging it into a the wall of a small practice room on the follow-through of a gesture, that kind of stuff. I just remember seeing them appear one day when I took some time to inspect my bow. Again, both Bernard and Sue Lipkins evaluate that it's totally fine and doesn't affect anything. It's like having a scratch on the table of your bass.
    - T

5. erniepro

erniepro Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Honolulu HI
    Message sent

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021