1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Birdsong 2nd Anniversary Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dr. Lowbrow, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This exquisite bass has been sitting in my closet since I’ve switched to a 5-string. It is a remarkable bass, one which was the face of Birdsong for several years. It is also the Birdsong bass written up in the book on boutique basses and guitars, Hand Made, Hand Played: The Art & Craft of Contemporary Guitars. As Scott of Birdsong Guitars wrote, this bass is a “playable work of art.”

The specs are:
    Cortobass 050: #2 of 2 Second Anniversary basses (the other is a matched fretted. I don’t own that one.)
    Completed: 7/31/06
    fretless 4 string
    31” scale (short scale)
    weight: 7 lbs, 15 oz
    Body: local Wild Texas Pecan
    Fretboard, knobs, truss rod cover, control plate, and trim: ebony
    P/Us: Lace (Vol-Vol-Varitone)
    Hipshot hardware
    OHSC

It is a jazz player’s dream bass but has some punch in there for other applications. I have TI flats on it and prefer that ringing zing to the tape wounds that were on it when I got it. Its first owner preferred the tape wounds. Both types of strings / sounds suit this bass very well.

The attached photo is Birdsong’s “official photo.” Scott gave me permission to use it and also offered to answer any questions you might have about the bass. (Birdsong’s legendary customer service is extraordinary.)

Asking $2750, includes insured shipping to continental US addresses only. I prefer that the transaction be handled by money order or certified check. No trades at this time.

[​IMG]

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 4, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.