SOLD Black Steinberger Q4WL Funk Monster FS/FT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dr Funk, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Funk

Dr Funk "If you ain't appearing then you be disappearing"

This is the ultimate slap machine on the planet and will burp when you dig in on the bridge pup too. This bass is not getting played at all. Bass has been put away for awhile so I had to get it out and take pics. I was going to do this anyway. It is the ultimate funk bass and I'm not kidding. This instruiment will take you very funky places so be prepared. When I saw a WTB post about the "headless funk machine" it motivated me to this. It is a monster with factory de-tuner on the E and big EMG soapbar in your face tone. Controls are VVT (jazz style) 9v EMG pre.100% stock my wife bought it for me brand new in Tampa. It's been played plenty ands has the tatoos to prove it, it's that kind of bass. No issues at all and frets are in great shape every radius is superb. It's been played for sure but really cared for and properly maintained. Time to share the funk now. Comes with original great gig-bag and a brand new one (got a deal on it) several new sets of strings. Also included are the unused original hex screws that make using standard strings a breeze.
    FINAL PRICE DROP to $1000 Shipped US 48 PayPal e-check preferred.
    FrontFull1.jpg
    BackFull-1.jpg
    BodyFrontc.jpg
    BodyBack.jpg
    BodyEdge.jpg
    Oops sorry for the dust.
    Give me reasonable trade offers 4 string only. Worst is I'll pass, but please keep low-ball offers to yourself. I won't mind keeping this at all.

2. Dr Funk

These are some answers to questions from PMs about this bass.
    Yes, composite neck.
    No sound clips, sorry.
    9.2 lbs on our digital bathroom scale, the body is chambered (hollowed out) in 2 areas under those back covers.
    1 1/2" nut width (at zero fret actually)
    Neck profile is jazz similar and wicked fast.
    :cool:

How about a nice 5er trade someone? Ok or a 4. :scowl:

3. Dr Funk

:eyebrow:
    The extra comfort of this bass on stage is notable here. If you have never ripped up a headless graphite bass live it's time you did! The lack of mass is extremely liberating, motion and mobility wise. Whomever gets this bass is going on a journey to a funky place... a very funky place where the funk is clearly thick.
    :rolleyes:

4. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I'd jump at this, but I can't due to lack of fundage...

5. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    I've had two of these in the past. Original Q series straight from the Newburgh factory...same neck as an XL! These basses are exactly as Dr Funk describes! Grab one of these while you can bump!

6. hyper23

hyper23

Mar 9, 2009
    I'd be all over this bass if I hadn't recently purchase a vintage Steiny XL2.

Great deal for the price.

7. hyper23

hyper23

Mar 9, 2009
    Would you consider a Fender P Elite II as a trade?

8. Conklin gt 7 ?

9. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    pm sent
    BUMP

10. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Will someone hurry up and buy this before I get myself another $1000 in debt?? ;)

11. Okay...I know what you need....an Eden D210XLT....right?:D

12. DanRJBrasil

DanRJBrasil

Jun 10, 2007
    I have a white one, I love low action and this bass is low as it can gets my fast playing becomes lightspeed, the stability of the graphite is something the feel of the neck is great and I am pick guy that hates that chunky p neck, mine has just a tiny bit of relief, just perfect, this ones cut the mix like butter when I have this kind of worry i use this axe, i am sure you you regret to sell this one there no bass like this anymore. Good luck on the sell I am sure that'll will find a happy new owner to take her away from the lonely less give her much love ;)

13. If you don't have selled this in september i'll be all over it.... :bawl:

14. ashtray9

ashtray9

Aug 1, 2002
    Tempe Arizona
    Geez, this bass is dope. I can imagine it ripping some mean walking.

15. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    NC
    Here's a bump for the Funk

bump-2.gif

16. Dr Funk

This bass is considered sold pending clearing funds. :eyebrow:
    Then it's on it's way to transport Sliderbass to the land of funk, :rollno: uh oh!

17. Dr Funk

Check arrived just as promised.
    Shipping pending clearing of funds.
    Tick tock tick tock.................................................... :eyebrow:

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.