1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Bruno Matsumoku violin scroll bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by viper jazz, Nov 8, 2017.

1. viper jazz

viper jazz

Feb 5, 2004
    Price:
    Strings:
    Really unique shortscale scroll violin bass (Hofner clone) from the heralded Japanese Matsumoku factory. This one is branded as a Bruno Conqueror but it's essentially the same as Aria, Teisco, etc.

Electronics are original and everything is in great shape for a 50+ year old instrument. No visible checks in finish, some expected aging on the binding.

30" scale
    1.57" (40mm) nut width
    locking Schaller tuners
    Really cool scroll headstock (what hooked me originally!)

The bass was originally purchased with non-functional tuners. Tried to fix them but they were beyond saving--so I put good locking Sperzel tuning pegs on there to make up for it. Existing screw holes are visible but it functions and plays much better with tuners that can actually hold a tune!

No case. Will ship with roundwound strings installed for requisite Chris Wood-like growl, but it's a great thumper with flatwounds, too. Super fun and rare bass that is sure to inspire.

$375 shipped CONUS

fullsizeoutput_1563. fullsizeoutput_1567.
    fullsizeoutput_1564. fullsizeoutput_1565. fullsizeoutput_1566. fullsizeoutput_1568. fullsizeoutput_1569.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  2. viper jazz

viper jazz

Feb 5, 2004
    Pretty darn flexible on the price of this one.

3. BassPlayinJas

BassPlayinJas

Dec 21, 2017
    South Texas
    That's an awesome bass! I have the same one that my dad played in the 60s.