1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bunch o' Stuff FS: Symetrix 501, EHX Ring Thing, Custom Board

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by bassman1185, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Well, I hate to do this, but I gotta move some stuff. I'm revamping my pedalboard setup, so I need to clear out what I'm not going to be using and what I won't be able to make fit on the new setup.

First up on the block is the famed Symetrix 501 compressor. One of Bongo's favorite compressors. I've loved this like a baby for a couple of years, but it' just doesn't quite work in my new rig. Everything works great on this, and it is in very good shape. The only cosmetic issues aside from slight rack rash are dots where the first owner (it was installed in a church for compressing a pastor's lav mic) marked settings. If you're not familiar with it, the 501 has two sections, an RMS comp with the full gamut of controls, and a peak brickwall limiter with just threshold. This is GREAT for bass applications, as it lets you dial in mild compression for your overall sound, but also kills the super snappy peaks. This is the pushbutton version with the DBX VCA chip. I'll get some close-up pics soon, but you can see it in the board picture for now. I'm looking for $125 shipped in the lower 48 for it. SOLD

Next up is the very, very cool Electro Harmonix Ring Thing. This will do every ring mod sound you can imagine, as well as octaves, tremolo, chorus, pitch shifting, all with UNBELIEVABLE tracking. The pitch shifting and octave settings track perfectly, even after heavy fuzz. Here is a demo I did of the sounds that I was able to get out of it. I picked this up from TB's own SmallEquestrian. Everything works perfectly on this, and you'll even get my presets as jumping off points for your experimentation! Isn't that a great bonus? Ok, maybe not, but still, it's a dang cool pedal that will do weird sounds just as well as it does useful ones. I'd like $160 for this guy. Again, that's shipped in the conUS. SOLD

Picture:
    IMAG0053.

Now we come to the custom pedalboard. This one pains me to sell. I built this board myself, and it is SOLID. I built it out of 3/4" plywood and sprayed it down with bedliner. It has industrial strength velcro on it. Now, here's the cool part: I built it with a 2U, 19" rack space under the teir, so you can mount your compressor, wireless, tuner, power conditioner, etc. I built it this way so that I could have the aforementioned Symetrix 501 compressor running before my dirt without having to run miles of cable from my bass to my rack to my board and then back to the rack. It has six heavy duty rubber non-skid feet on the bottom, and a patch of velcro under the rack to mount your power supply. This one is kinda bulky and heavy, so I'd like $80 plus actual shipping. Dimensions are 23" wide by 16" deep, with a 4" riser.

Picture:
    utf-8BUGVkYWxib2FyZCA4LTktMTAuSlBH.

Last, and least, is a Digitech Hyper Phase. Solid pedal, sounds good. It seems better for guitar than for bass, so if you have a skinny-stringed friend who is looking for some quality modulation at a cheap price, this is the pedal for him/her. Let's say $30 shipped, or I'll include it with the board for FREE!

HyperPhase.

2. svtbass

svtbass Supporting Member

Nice idea putting the rack space in. Bump

Your link didn't work for me.

3. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    I could get the link for the ring thing to work.
    Edit: I typed this wrong it was supposed to read "couldn't"

4. You guys are refering to the Ring Thing demo link, right?

5. Ok, the link is fixed. Sorry for the confusion.

6. MarkPoole

MarkPoole

Aug 16, 2010
    South Carolina
    pm sent

7. Symetrix 501 is sold, pending payment!

8. pepelemofo

pepelemofo

Apr 16, 2010
    Pm on the Ring Thing

9. Ring Thing is gone as well!

10. Come on, I can't be the only one who wants a rack-mounted compressor in their pedal rig...

11. Bump!

Tell you all what, buy the board and I'll throw in the Phaser for FREE.