1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Carbow 'Gary Karr' German snakewood frog

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by PDennis, Feb 7, 2017.

1. PDennis

PDennis

Aug 4, 2005
    Price:
    Style:
    German
    IMG_20170204_154832. IMG_20170204_154710. IMG_20170204_154723. IMG_20170204_154801. I bought this bow for college about 10 years ago, and it was my favorite by far of the many bows I auditioned that were selling for around $2000. It has an incredible sense of balance, resilience and responsiveness, facilitates ease of playing, and draws a rich and powerful sound out of my instrument. It speaks in the lower register with great focus and clarity, which is a trait I haven't encountered in similarly priced bows.

The beautiful snakewood frog has a bit of wear on one edge, hardly noticeable but it does affect the price. Lemur Music sells this model for $1699; I'm selling inexpensively because of the wear on the frog, a crack on the tip plate (which is repairable but still holding the hair securely as is, my bow person tells me) and a need for cash on hand. I just had the bow rehaired last week.

I'm also selling a fantastic carved 7/8 bass from the Xeuchang Sun shop, which is posted separately. I'll cut the price a little for anyone buying both together. I'm in San Francisco, come by soon and try them both out!

Cheers,
    Peter

Attached Files:

2. rms2

rms2

May 27, 2008
    VA
    pm sent

3. Mike Arnopol

Mike Arnopol Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago