1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD CCP Valve Caster - V2 - Brighter & 9V like Bug Caster

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Grahams Groove, Apr 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove If it feels heavy, it's heavy. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    Price:
    2.jpeg

I've got a newer Valve Caster here. It's a CCP embossed build from nshuman. This one differs from the older, darker versions. It's more transparent and has a brighter character with the ability to roll off treble via the tone control. Built in 2018, runs on 9V at ~150 mA. Tube is a JAN Phillips ECG 5814A (12au7).

From the builder: You can run this one at 9-24 v, but the filament on the tube never gets more than 9v. The excess voltage will go to the tube plates/heaters. The voltage regulator also has the effect of making the pedal only require 150mA.

Sounds fantastic. I had this and a Bug Drive from the PCDH auction, and opted for this one for a while. To my ears, this VC is less clank/grind compared to the Bug Drive I had. The VC sounds fatter in the lows/low mids, and a bit smoother in the upper mids/treble. First 1/4 of the Gain knob gets you fairly clean tube fattening/sparkle. 9:00 - 3:00 is a whole range form light breakup to pretty significant tube overdrive. Crank it and you get some mild distortion in that last 1/4 of the knob.

Asking $125 OBO - shipped, insured, CONUS. Paypal only.

1.jpeg 3.jpeg 4.jpeg

The Diaper Geni and Lowendtech like this.
  2. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Huh. No kidding?

PM sent.

3. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

This Needs to ship to Canada.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021