1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Danelectro Longhorn, 90's MIK, black

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by daveman50, Jan 3, 2018.

1. daveman50

daveman50 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Westchester County NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey, all! This is a nice gloss black Danelectro Longhorn bass, made in Korea - the 1990's first-run reissues, said to be the best. I won't argue. I've loved this bass a long time, but she isn't getting enough time from me, so why not give her a new home. $350 shipped CONUS.

Details:
    • Short-scale neck (30”) with 24 frets and vintage-style aluminum nut.
    • Two lipstick pickups.
    • Stacked volume/tone knobs (brown/cream).
    • Truss rod adjustment at neck heel.
    • Vintage-style bridge with one-piece wooden saddle. (Way way better, IMO, than the "pro" bridge on the later reissues.)
    • Vintage-style tuners with cream knobs.
    • Comes with a gig bag and strap.
    The bass is used but in very good condition. Some swirls and light scratches; no large dings, scars or finish breaks. The vinyl binding is intact and in good condition. See photos for details.

Very light in weight. Classic punchy Danelectro tone. Sounds incredible played with palm mute and a pick but is versatile and plays well with effects. Action is good, plays easily and in tune. The bass is currently strung with lovely old roundwounds that I can't identify, but they sound great, so if I were you I would leave them be unless you are looking for a zingy tone.

Thanks for looking!

dano-1. dano-2. dano-3. dano-4. dano-5. dano-6. dano-7. dano-8. dano-9.

R&B, msb, AMJBASS and 4 others like this.
  2. daveman50

Feb 24, 2007
    Westchester County NY
    It's on eBay.

3. daveman50

Feb 24, 2007
    Westchester County NY