1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale DBZ (Dean) Barchetta in Tiger Eye Flame (2010s)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Razman, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Price:
    TL,DR version: DBZ Barchetta hard tail in tiger eye flame maple, in brand new, mint condition. $525 plus shipping, OBO.

Long version: This was the first thing I saw when I walked into a music store in the Twin Cities when I went up for my dad’s passing. I had to have it, it was so stunning to me. Part of that was an emotional response at the time, but when I pulled it down off the wall and played it through a little Marshall combo I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. It sounded just like a Les Paul, and had great tone! (Note that they are mutually exclusive.) I then discovered it had a coil-tap switch – when engaged, I got Strat sounds out of it! Others have said it’s more like a Telecaster, but regardless it sounded so good I walked out of there with it. It still had the plastic on the pickups and cavity covers!!

So for three and a half years it has sat in a gig bag, unplayed. Why? I’m a bassist. I started on guitar, and dreamed of one day pulling off sick leads on this thing, but it’s never going to happen. All I play right now is bass, and this just sits. And sits. And sits. Sure, I pull it out once in a while and strum the strings, admire the finish, and then wipe off my paw prints before putting it away. The plastic is still on the pickups and control covers. Sheesh – I’m pathetic!

Fast forward to this past week, I found a seven string bass at a local shop I really like (and I've been looking for a 7 for a LONG time). Nevermind that I got into an accident the week before that and need a door for my car, or that I just moved into a townhome (THAT honey-do list is ENDLESS). I want this bass to PLAY, instead of staring at a guitar once in a while that I’ll never use.

So here it is on the market for TB; it’s also for sale locally, but I’m avoiding Evil Bay and Reverb for the time being. I figure one of you nice TB folk could use and enjoy it, like, for real – actually play it. It deserves to be played.

Check out the pics – it’s far more stunning in person, the pictures don’t do enough justice to the finish. It has a carved top, mahogany body and neck, Grover tuners, and looks gorgeous. Sounds fantastic; I’m confident you’ll agree.

I’m still moving stuff but I believe I have a box it will fit in, going to get that ready so you can guesstimate shipping. My zip is 32202.

PM me with any questions.

Eric

Attached Files:

2. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    For the curious, box weight is 14 lbs, dimensions are 52" x 19" x 6".

anyone with a Trace Elliot Elf + 110/2x8 for trade?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021