SOLD DBZ (Dean) Barchetta in Tiger Eye Flame (2010s)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Razman, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Price:
    TL,DR version: DBZ Barchetta hard tail in tiger eye flame maple, in brand new, mint condition. $525 plus shipping, OBO.

Long version: This was the first thing I saw when I walked into a music store in the Twin Cities when I went up for my dad’s passing. I had to have it, it was so stunning to me. Part of that was an emotional response at the time, but when I pulled it down off the wall and played it through a little Marshall combo I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. It sounded just like a Les Paul, and had great tone! (Note that they are mutually exclusive.) I then discovered it had a coil-tap switch – when engaged, I got Strat sounds out of it! Others have said it’s more like a Telecaster, but regardless it sounded so good I walked out of there with it. It still had the plastic on the pickups and cavity covers!!

So for three and a half years it has sat in a gig bag, unplayed. Why? I’m a bassist. I started on guitar, and dreamed of one day pulling off sick leads on this thing, but it’s never going to happen. All I play right now is bass, and this just sits. And sits. And sits. Sure, I pull it out once in a while and strum the strings, admire the finish, and then wipe off my paw prints before putting it away. The plastic is still on the pickups and control covers. Sheesh – I’m pathetic!

Fast forward to this past week, I found a seven string bass at a local shop I really like (and I've been looking for a 7 for a LONG time). Nevermind that I got into an accident the week before that and need a door for my car, or that I just moved into a townhome (THAT honey-do list is ENDLESS). I want this bass to PLAY, instead of staring at a guitar once in a while that I’ll never use.

So here it is on the market for TB; it’s also for sale locally, but I’m avoiding Evil Bay and Reverb for the time being. I figure one of you nice TB folk could use and enjoy it, like, for real – actually play it. It deserves to be played.

Check out the pics – it’s far more stunning in person, the pictures don’t do enough justice to the finish. It has a carved top, mahogany body and neck, Grover tuners, and looks gorgeous. Sounds fantastic; I’m confident you’ll agree.

I’m still moving stuff but I believe I have a box it will fit in, going to get that ready so you can guesstimate shipping. My zip is 32202.

PM me with any questions.

Eric

Attached Files:

Jen Jesse likes this.
  2. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    For the curious, box weight is 14 lbs, dimensions are 52" x 19" x 6".

anyone with a Trace Elliot Elf + 110/2x8 for trade?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022