1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Dingwall Super J 4 Active (chrome blue)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by stewlyons, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    (it's january 25, 2016 and i've recently been inspired to sell this bass again, after not doing anything for over a year and letting my supporting membership in talkbass lapse . i am ready to place it on ebay in a couple of months if i don't sell it through talkbass. thanks for looking)

serial #: 4739
    body wood: alder
    neck wood: 5 piece maple
    fingerboard: pau ferro (with block inlays)
    color: chrome blue (with matching headstock)
    pickups: SF5
    pre-amp: glockenklang
    weight: 7 lbs 14 oz.
    white perloid pick guard (custom shaped & made by sheldon (dingwall))
    skb 44 hardshell case (which was custom fitted for this very bass; it cost me $220 to get the case custom fitted)

this exceptional instrument is a work of art, a thing of beauty; it turns heads; it is SO cool looking.

i am the original owner; took possession in october, 2012.

i have babied this instrument; i don't think there is a blemish or a scratch anywhere on it. so it is in mint/like new condition.

it has never had any issues; it has worked perfectly from day 1. it is set up perfectly, plays so easily, sounds so good.

i have never liked the way the chrome control plates look on Jazz basses, so i asked sheldon (dingwall) to make an "extended" pickguard that eliminated the need for the chrome control plate. the photos will show you what i am talking about.

the skb 44 case is an approximately $100 value and in addition to that i spent $220 to get it custom fitted for this very bass. the case is in great shape.

to view photos of this very bass on-line, please click on this link (or paste in your browser)(one of the photos is one the dingwall shop took before shipping it out):

Dingwall Super J 4 Active

i am pretty firm in my price; i want to clear at least $3000 after packing, insurance, shipping and any possible paypal fee.

i live in the baltimore, maryland area. zip code 21093. feel free to call or text: 410-456-7872.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    muggsy, Timmy-Watts and graphics1988 like this.
  2. i will put it on ebay sometime around the beginning of february, 2015

3. TLicksBass

TLicksBass

Mar 16, 2009
    North Carolina
    Nice bass, amazing color on it.

stewlyons likes this.
  4. Bimba

Bimba Gold Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Phoenix
    Hi,
    Did you sell it?

5. Bimba

Bimba Gold Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Phoenix
    Hi Stew,
    I would like to get this bass before my birthday (1/14) as what a present.
    About the dingwall, I need to know a few details please.
    Are you are still asking for $3000.00 for the Dingwall.
    Why are you selling such a nice bass?
    Can you post a sound bite of the tones of the bass?
    Payment method Paypal ok with you?
    Would you be interested in a trade + $1300 cash for the bass in the pics? It's a new (2015 production) Fender Pjazz american deluxe.
    2 year extended warranty along with the standard fender warranty, does have a hard case.
    If you want to trade you can send the dingwall back to me with the boxes I send the fender bass in, actually it will be double boxxed. I will pay shipping of the basses.
    If not and you want cash Would you wait until I get my tax refund?
    thanks
    B
    2.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

6. hi. thanks. i'm having trouble using and finding what i need on talkbass, so it's a miracle (almost) that i see your message! anyway, i'm not in interested in a trade. i think this says i was asking $3200 for it, so that's what i'm asking for it. i'm willing to sell it b/c i the fanned frets are just a little bit of a bother for me. sound file? i'd have to record it with a mic and my amp and cabinet, and as you know everything sounds different depending on the amp/cabinet, etc. and i'm not excited to have to have to record sound files, so i'd rather not, i guess i'm just not that concerned about selling it. if i don't sell it, that's fine. i guess pay pal would be fine. if i'm not mistaken, they would take a cut out of my proceeds, but i don't really know any other way to do it besides you mailing a money order. if this gets serious, i'd make sound files for you (again, though i think they're of ltd value since overall tone depends on amp and cabinet, etc.).

7. maybe you guys can skype!!!!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020