No longer available DIY 410: Sealed/Ported 3+1 Design

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by 5StringPocket, Sep 5, 2021.

1. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    Price:
    $425
    United States
    This 4 ohm, 600 watt DIY 410 cab uses poplar ply construction with a rigid birch ply baffle and lightweight Eminence Basslite SC10-16 drivers in a tall 3 front + 1 rear format. This provides good dispersion and weighs in at only 47.6 lbs which is easy to move with the handle placement. A unique feature about this cabinet is it's pluggable ports which allow it to run sealed for a leaner and controlled low end or with ports open for more fullness to the lows. Cab is 32"H x 19"W x 14.25"D. Full design and construction details start at Post #127 of this thread:
    Basslite SC10 sealed cab drivers
    $425 Paypal plus 50% of CONUS shipping. Willing to drive up to 3 hours from League City, TX to meet halfway for an exchange.
    eminence-sc10-3-1-port-plugs-jpg.jpg
    eminence-sc10-3-1-front-jpg.jpg
    eminence-sc10-3-1-back-jpg.jpg
    eminence-sc10-3-1-straphandles-jpg.jpg

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  2. T-boneParish

T-boneParish Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Austin // Charlotte
    Great build! I just read the design and construction details. Really nice work.

5StringPocket likes this.
  3. mrm56

mrm56 Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Fort Worth
    i've played through several of russ' designs and can attest to the excellent build quality.
    you'd be hard pressed to find 'better bang for the buck'. Great cabs!
    i use three of his designs, a 5/15, 2x12 and 1x15.
    many cabs have come and gone but these meet my needs better than the rest and there were some good ones, (fearless, mesa, genzlers, bergs, ampeg).

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    eff-clef and 5StringPocket like this.
  4. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Nice man! What a clean build too!

eff-clef and 5StringPocket like this.
  5. That is cool

6. Brennan

Brennan

Sep 29, 2004
    Oakland!
    That’s frikkin cool!

7. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    I bumped the mids at 2k with the ports open and drove this cab with some hefty wattage today from my Forte HP which really opened it up. Low notes on the B-string were so solid and coherent and it kicked a$$ in such a good way that I just can't let it go for a song at this time.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    mrm56 likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022