DRove over my head!!! not MY head, my "head".

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Mcrelly, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    This is kinda funny after the anger subsided...

I have two skb x-racks (10 to 10 3/4" deep) and they protected my head from damage when I got home from vacation last year I accidentally left the rack standing on the driveway, behind my car, for several hours while I took a nap to recover from the drive home. then I had to leave for work or church or something. got in my car started backing up and heard this horrible scrapping sound from underneath the car. I had to jack up my car to get the rackout!!! Rack was scratched, feet where worn off, but HEAD WAS FINE!!! Thanks SKB!!!

2. Wow man, got lucky on that one. I assume you will be checking behind your car after gigs now? Well, lesson learned and nothing hurt :D Thats always good.

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    now, THAT would make a great SKB infomercial

4. yeah, he needs to send his story in :p

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I probably should. maybe they'd give me a new rack? I'll look into that!

the rack doesn't stack well with no feet to lock into the other rack below it, so I have to put the small rack on top!

6. Shouldnt it be on the top anyways? It seems like smaller things should go on top of bigger things.

7. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Your amp gets to go on vacation w/ you?

8. To keep from doing the same thing, I always back in when parking. I had to learn the hard way, many years ago I backed over my roomates dog. :(

9. Wow...