SOLD EB MusicMan 40th Anniversary StingRay Old Smoothie

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by louiedi, Dec 18, 2021.

1. louiedi

louiedi

Aug 5, 2009
    Connecticut
    Price:
    $1885
    Strings:
    United States
    Up for sale is my Ernie Ball MusicMan 40th Anniversary StingRay "Old Smoothie" (hate the name lol!) Manufactured June 1, 2016. The bass would be mint except for a few slight swirling marks here and there. No nicks. No chips. No dings. The slab body back is super clean though. Weight is 9.5 lbs as per my bathroom scale. This bass is a dream to play. It gets its moniker from the smooth-sounding 2 band EQ and the 10 pole pickup. One piece glossy finished maple neck fretboard is straight, slim and comfy to play. The burst is beautiful. Chrome hardware. Comes with the original white pickguard. I ended up buying an EBMM original old smoothie black pickguard that I used on the bass most of the time. Personal preference. More swirls on that one than the white. I'll include the black pickguard. Right now it's strung with EB Super Slinky nickel wounds 45-100. The bass sounds fantastic. Comes with a Hipshot bass extender installed and the original tuner. Original EBMM case is practically in mint condition. Included but not installed are the EBMM strap locks. Not looking for trades – want to sell only. $50 shipping CONUSA. Local pickup in CT is OK. All I can say is that it's a beautiful bass in looks and sound. Thanks!

Here are some bullet points from EBMM to satisfy the curiosity in all of us:
    • Body Wood Alder
    • Body Finish High gloss polyester
    • Body Color Sunburst
    • Bridge Music Man® chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with vintage stainless steel saddles and adjustable mute pads
    • Pickguard White
    • Scale Length 34" (86.4 cm)
    • Neck Radius 7.5" (19.1 cm)
    • Headstock Size Only 8-3/4" (22.2 cm) long
    • Frets 21 - Low profile, narrow width
    • Neck Width 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
    • Neck Wood Select maple neck
    • Fingerboard Select maple
    • Fret Markers 5/16" Black dots (no 21st marker)
    • Neck Finish High gloss polyester
    • Neck Colors Natural aged light yellow finish
    • Tuning Machines Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
    • Truss Rod Rear mounted adjustable - no component or string removal
    • Neck Attachment 6 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting
    • Electronic Shielding Chrome plated brass control cover
    • Controls Custom "Old Smoothie" 2-band active preamp; vol, treble, bass
    • Pickups Custom "Old Smoothie" humbucking with 10 elongated Alnico magnets and split cover
    Since its introduction in 1976, the Music Man StingRay has been embraced as one of the world's classic electric bass designs. To celebrate, Ernie Ball Music Man is proud to introduce the 40th Anniversary "Old Smoothie" StingRay, a faithful reproduction of StingRay prototype #26, designed for Sterling Ball during his time spent testing and developing the original prototypes back in the 70's. Named for its smooth even tone that is reminiscent of the highly sought after vintage Music Man StingRay sound, "Old Smoothie" has been precisely reproduced including the one-of-a-kind custom made 10 pole piece pickup design, body headstock and pickguard shape, 34-inch scale maple neck and fingerboard, low profile narrow frets, hardware, and active electronics.
    IMG_7850.jpg pickguards.jpg MMbackside.jpg tuners.jpg MMheadstock.jpg MMfullbody.jpg MMincase.jpg MMcase.jpg Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 3.23.54 PM.JPG

kobass, iammr2, bobknowsbass and 6 others like this.
  2. bobknowsbass

bobknowsbass

Jul 27, 2009
    Monrovia, CA
    PM’d, I’m drooling!

louiedi likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022