1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Egidius Dörfler 4 Star Master German Bow

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by FritzM, Apr 5, 2018.

1. FritzM

FritzM Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Madison, MS
    Price:
    Style:
    German
    I got this from Steve at String Emporium a while back and I'm just not playing arco enough to justify keeping it. It is a very fine bow and is absolutely in perfect condition. These bows run $1750.00 and I have it marked very low, as you can see. I would like to sell it quickly, if possible. I have recently become a single Dad with two kids.
    I believe this bow weighs in at 133 grams.

Link to information about the bow:
    http://www.stringemporium.com/dorfler-bass-bows.htm

IMG_0532.JPG IMG_0532.JPG IMG_0535.JPG IMG_0535.JPG IMG_0536.JPG IMG_0539.JPG

2. FritzM

FritzM Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Madison, MS
    I would be open to a Finale Carbon Fiber German bow as a partial trade. This is a killer price people!

3. FritzM

FritzM Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Madison, MS
    Someone please buy me! I am very well balanced and do spiccato very nicely. And, I'm house trained!

4. edwardbass

edwardbass Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Hi,

My name is Edward Tapceanu, double bassist in the RTE NSO, Dublin, Ireland. I'm originally from Montreal. Can you tell me how old it is? And how is spiccato with it? Would it be possible to see photos? Would you send it to Dublin for a week trial? I would pay postage & can put a security deposit if necessary.

Cheers

Edward

5. koricancowboy

koricancowboy

Jun 10, 2003
    chicago
    PM Sent

6. FritzM

FritzM Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Madison, MS
    PM's answered

7. KJPbop

KJPbop

Aug 8, 2008
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Greetings! Can you post a photo of the tip of the bow? Edward T. asks some pertinent questions; can you share the answers with all of us? This may help you sell it faster! Thanks, KJPbop

8. FritzM

FritzM Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Madison, MS
    Pictures of the tip of the bow.

IMG_0541.JPG IMG_0542.JPG IMG_0543.JPG

9. FritzM

FritzM Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Madison, MS
    The bow was purchased almost 2 years ago from String Emporium. The spiccato is very good and controlled IMO.