1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Electrical Guitar Company / Gibson G3

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ron Now, May 2, 2015.

1. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    Price:
    Strings:
    What we have here is a 1975 Gibson G3 body with a retrofit all aluminum bass neck made by Electrical Guitar Company (EGC).

The neck pickup appears to have been replaced with a matching Bill Lawrence pickup from another G3 at some point, but the electronics all work as they should and sounds super awesome, and very punchy.

The bridge could use some TLC as the saddle screws are little worse for the wear. The screws on the E string saddle were completely replaced at some point. Not exactly pretty, but it is functional.

The body has some wear and tear, I tried my best to document the knicks and scuffs, there is some buckle rash and a good finish scratch on the back of the body. Nothing too extreme, but it's been well played over the years. Never had the original bridge cover, and it's got schaller locking strap buttons, I can throw in the set of schaller strap locks with it as well if you would like.

The neck is all aluminum, and has a brushed finish. Neck profile is similar to the original Gibson neck, wider and thicker than the normal EGC neck profile. It also has a 34.5" scale just like the original Gibson neck.

Comes with the original Gibson hardshell case, again overall in good conditional but there is definitely some wear and tear to the tolex, but all the latches work and it securely holds the bass.

Feel free to hit me up with any more questions.

Looking for $1750 plus shipping.

I'll also do international sales, as long as the shipping costs are covered.

Not interested in any trades.

IMG_1321.JPG IMG_1322.JPG IMG_1323.JPG IMG_1324.JPG IMG_1325.JPG IMG_1326.JPG IMG_1327.JPG IMG_1328.JPG IMG_1329.JPG IMG_1330.JPG

2. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Bump

3. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Bumped again