1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Emerald Custom Balor Acoustic Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ghendershot, Mar 27, 2018.

1. ghendershot

ghendershot Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Price:
    Strings:
    Bass VI SOLD
    -------
    Balor Bass copypasta
    This one's a heavy loss for me, but I've thought about it a lot and I'm ready to let this guy go. This is a medium scale Balor bass, tuned E to C with 15mm string spacing. It is excellent for chordal work and playing with a pick. For traditional electric bass technique, it takes a small amount of getting used to, but it makes you a much better player in my opinion.

The bass is in great shape. Unfortunately, it endured a small finish crack on the lower bout, either while being shipped or after shipment. I had contacted Emerald about it, and basically came to the conclusion that the sight of it wasn't worth worrying about (the actual carbon fiber is fine). When I decided I wanted to sell it, I brought it to some luthiers in Houston; one guy only did half the job, the other didn't want to touch it. So, it's kind of half way fixed. If you end up purchasing this instrument, I am totally willing to help pay for buffing out the clear finish where the crack is. I've just given up finding a good enough luthier locally who can buff it out around here (to be fair, the 2nd guy I took it to is a luthier legend in Houston, but he said he didn't have the proper equipment to make it look better, plus he actually fixed what the other guy did sloppily).

Everything else is in amazing condition. It is currently strung with .114 kalium strings. It has an SL Anthem pickup installed, which is shown in the picture with the sound hole. Honestly though, this thing is quite loud on its own. Emerald did a good job designing an acoustic bass with a nice punch reminiscent of a 4x10 cabinet (well, not that crazy, but you get it).

The only reason I'm selling this is...well, I'm selling a lot of things. I've decided I would like to own less, and while having an acoustic bass of this calibre is quite the privilege, I hardly go outside my house these days. I have this listed as $2950, plus me paying for however much it costs you to get the finish looking better (if it bothers you).
    --------
    These are copypasta'd from my Reverb page.
    Please lemme know if you have any questions!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  2. GentProvocateur

GentProvocateur Supporting Member

Ugh that Bass VI is my dream

Tmh2oson and ghendershot like this.