SOLD EMG PX-JX set with BTC System Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Nocturnal, Jun 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Abuser of Thunderbird Shaped Objects. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    Price:
    $160
    $160 Shipped USPS Priority to the lower 48 states Or Best Offer. Prefer not to ship out of the country.

For sale is a lightly used set of EMG PX-JX pickups with the BTC system. These pickups were in a loaded bass body that I bought and used for limited home play for a short time before replacing them with passive pickups. The previous owner barely used the bass before selling it to me. There is nothing wrong with the pickups physically, electronically, or sound-wise. I just prefer a different sound than these pickups offer. Very good condition with low use. Includes all Quick-Connect wires so that you can run it at 9 or 18 volt. Includes all knobs, nuts, and mounting hardware. Only component missing is the input jack which you should be able to use any typical guitar input jack for. Here are the descriptions from EMG about the pickups and BTC:

The EMG PJX Set provides bass players flexibility and a wide range of tonal combinations with the added headroom and dynamic response of the X series preamp. EMG's PX adds warmth, and incredible low end punch, while the LJX provides a tight mid-range with dynamic high end response for a well defined attack. Used separately or in combination, they offer endless bass tone options with a response and feel that bridges the gap between passive and active pickups. The result are low noise, dependable pickups with tones ranging from tight slap funk, rock, to smooth Motown grooves. With EMG's solderless wiring harness included, the PJX Set is easy to install at home.

For EMG pickups only, the BTC System features a pre-wired balance control (blend) and master volume with the bass and treble on a concentric pot. BTC Controls and Systems are the most widely used bass EQ Systems in the world. Approximately 12db of cut and boost are available for bass and treble and all controls are center detented to assure quick return to normal tone settings. A dual-dip switch is mounted to the PC Board that lets you program the high end frequency response four different ways so you can choose the sound that's right for you. These systems use the latest in surface mount technology, are extremely quiet, and require very little current from a 9 Volt battery.

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions.

P1010314_zpst0vjlmqa.jpg
    P1010315_zpsy7qd7re8.jpg
    P1010316_zpsxhuw5xmu.jpg

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Abuser of Thunderbird Shaped Objects. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    SOLD!! Thanks Darkcaptain29!!

darkcaptain29 likes this.