1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F/S: Fender Custom Classic Jazz 5 w/Audere

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sanwin17, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanwin17

sanwin17 Please mommy, you just gotta buy this amplifier. Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    For sale is my Fender Custom Classic Jazz 5. Translucent black (ebony) with white pearl pick guard, ash body and Rosewood, actually pao ferro, fingerboard. I am the original owner and purchased it new in 2005. I've added a couple of items which make this bass particularly interesting and versatile.
    First, I installed an Audere JZ5D preamp. No additional routing or other modification of the original instrument was necessary for installation. This preamp is far more versatile and musical than the original Fender. But, I will include the original Fender preamp as part of the package.
    Second modification is a Bass Mute. It is a removable device which provides limited string muting, mimicking the foam rubber strip in the bridge cover which used to be standard on vintage Fender basses. Sound achieved is similar to palm muting but leaves the right hand free. Its operated with a small mechanical lever. There are 3 postitions; off (no muting), up (medium muting) and forward (maximum muting). The mute for each string can be adjusted separately for more or less effect. It can be switched on and off in an instant. Its easily removed but I have never found it to interfere with playability even when playing fingerstyle near the bridge. Check the Bass Mute out at www.elliomartina.com/bassmute.
    The bass does have some wear and tear, small dings and scratches but nothing major. I would say very good condition cosmetically. The frets, neck and board are in excellent shape and the bass plays extremely well. This bass is out of production and retails for around $3,000 new if you can find one. I think Bass Central may have one. A description can be found there as well.
    I'm asking $1995 plus shipping. Includes Fender HSPC and some of the original case candy.

Attached Files:

2. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    Trades?

3. sanwin17

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    Not really interested in a 6. Moving back to 4's from 5.

4. funkucan'ttouch

funkucan'ttouch Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2007
    west virginia
    That just might be the greatest jazz bass I have seen. That mute system and audere pre would be amazing for the working bassist.

Awesome bump!

5. sanwin17

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    Finally, a little of the recognition this bass deserves. I know I'm asking a lot but its a lot of bass. Really needs to be seen, heard and played to be appreciated.

6. dex

dex Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2002
    Vancouver, Canada
    I have exactly the same bass with black pickguard and all stock electronics. One of the best I played/owned and it looks like a million bucks. Good luck with the sale.

7. Flatty Banks

Flatty Banks Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    California
    High-end Marco 5-string trade?

8. sanwin17

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    Sorry. I need the cash.

9. sanwin17

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    Willing to come down on the price for anyone with serious interest in this bass. Private message me to get my bottom line, no pun intended.

10. krispsound

krispsound

May 8, 2010
    PM'd

11. serghei

serghei

Mar 11, 2010
    Sibiu, Romania
    nice bass ...I almost want to trade my 305 Affrima for one of these

12. Do you have this bass up for sale at NJ Guitar and Bass Center? If so, this is one of the best sounding and playing basses I have ever played!!!!

13. krispsound

krispsound

May 8, 2010
    Sweet... I wasn't sure if that was the bass at NJ that I came across the other day on the internet. I will have to contact them. Thanks for the info!

14. Ace Of Bass

Ace Of Bass A Rooster Illusion

Jun 27, 2006
    DC
    I could REALLY use a 5 for my church gig....too bad they don't REALLY want to buy it for me right now........sweet bass, though.......and love the bass mute device........gotta get me some of that.......bump......

15. sanwin17

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.