1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Feelers - Have to trim the Stingray 5 herd

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mausc, Jun 8, 2012.

1. mausc

mausc

May 12, 2011
    Just picked up a 91 trans red SR5 and think its overkill having 4 of the same bass (OK start bombing me now...). So I took a few pics and I thought I'd see if I get any nibbles.

1992 Natural SR5 H with rosewood and tortoise guard. Great woods. Awesome birdseye on the neck. Gloss finish on neck. Some beltbuckle rash but nothing through the finish to the wood. Weight 10 lbs. $1300

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

1996 Honeyburst SR5 H with Maple and pearl guard. Also great woods. Nice glow in the ash. Great birdseye on the neck. Gun oil finish on neck. chrome on the PuP poles is worn away otherwise Superb condition. Was my main bass in the early 2000s and is a favorite of mine. Weight 11 lbs $1400

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

2002 Black SR5 H with Maple and black guard. Nothing particularly flashy about this one. EB started cranking these out at this point and although the quality, fit, and finish remained terrific they stopped hand selecting the woods so they're more drab visually, but plays fantastic! Gun oil finish on neck. Is my current workhorse. A few minor chips and dings but overall great shape. Weight 10 lbs. $1100

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

I don't intend to sell all of these but need to let at least one go. Lets talk.