1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender '08 RW P Bass Sunburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jazzmonkey, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    [DEL]650 shipped to lower 48. Ships in Fender standard gigbag.[/DEL] SOLD

Great bass. Light, resonant, plays like butter. Neck is super stable. I've had it since last April, and it has not needed any tweeking at all, through all 4 seasons here in VA. It has always worn flats for as long as I've had it.

To make a long story short, the only reason I'm selling is b/c I prefer a jazz neck.

I don't mind the 1.75 width, and in fact this was my main player since I got it. My AmStd J sat in it's bag for months & months, but when I pulled it out again, I knew immediately I needed to get a jazz width neck on my p bass. I was going to put a neck on this one, but decided it would be best to just sell this as it is and build my own P/J. If this had a 1.5 neck, I wouldn't be considering the sale. I'll probably still regret it anyway, but I need cash after having unexpected dental work and some impulse purchases.

I bought this used, so as far as I know, almost everything is stock. The only part I know for sure is not stock is the oddball saddle screw that is an allen head instead of being slotted, which in no way affects functionality. Also, I'm not sure all RW series are like this or not, but the PG screws are of 2 varieties, one is brass or gold aluminum that matches the PG and the other is standard phillips that are relic'ed.

The strings are new La Bella 760FM flats that have been played for about 6-8 hours.

All pics are here:
    Roadworn P Bass pictures by jazzzmonkey - Photobucket

If anyone wants specific pics, or better lighting, just let me know.
    RWPrecision001. RWPrecision008. RWPrecision007. RWPrecision006. RWPrecision002. RWPrecision003. RWPrecision015.

2. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    I forgot to mention that you will also get a white pearloid P pickguard. Also, the cavities have been fully shielded with copper tape. It is super quiet.

3. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    i'm sad because i'm about $400 short and I know this won't last long.

4. Grooveline

Grooveline

Jan 24, 2012
    PMED and first dibs hopefully.

5. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    PM replied bump.

6. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    I am also lookin' for a good poweramp and mixer for a PA rig, and am willing to add cash for the right offer.

I'll post some better pics tomorrow evening sometime.

7. Grooveline

Grooveline

Jan 24, 2012
    No need everything came through today. Pmed once more. Crazy excited to be owning this bass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.