1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender '64 American Vintage Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lowderbass, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Lowderbass

Lowderbass Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Oakland
    Price:
    $1750
    Strings:
    Edit: Sorry for the bad pictures... If you're interested, I'd be happy to FaceTime or Skype to show you the ins and outs of the bass.

I bought this bass new from Sweetwater a little under a year ago.

Currently, it has a nice set of Nordstrand (A3) 60s wound Jazz Bass Pickups and the Fender flatwound strings that came in the case.

The bass is great. I have a nearly identical one, and don't need both. I'm looking to get a Moollon bass one of these days, and am selling this bass to make space and put some money towards that.

The bass got some heavy use in the past year, and as a result has a bit of a "self relic" feel to it... Complete with checking, scratches, a few chips in the finish. No structural problems at all, just a bit of cosmetic character. Personally, I dig that. The bass could probably use a set up... I have strange preferences for action height and pickup placement, and made a few adjustments on my own.

Comes with it's vintage style hard case and case candy. (The original pickups are in there too)

A great way to get this high end USA made Jazz Bass at a discounted price.

Asking $1750 OBO... Includes shipping.

Thanks!
    Adam

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Bob mcAlister likes this.
  2. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Pics are bad, only if they're not presented... oh, I get it now.

3. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    At least tell us what color it is. :D

PWV likes this.